Thread: Hello everybody

Default Hello everybody

Hi, I am a new guy from Georgia.I don't have any Utility experiences. I just got hired by UtiliQuest and got out from 4 training weeks in Macon. Now I'm riding by myself, doing around 7-8 tickets a day (we just have to locate Phone in Savannah). I wonder how many tickets a locator should do a day? And how long does a trainee become a locator? And do you get good paid in this job? And is UtiliQuest a good company?
    I appreciate all the reply. Thank you all

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Hello everybody

Welcome NoName,

As a noob you should only get easy tickets. you should not get real involved tickets. Be sure to spend the time on the ticket and read your prints and take your time. Right now is not the time for production it is time for a quality locate.

There is a lot of Viner's on here who will GLADLY help you with ANY questions.

Good luck...

Years of Experience

I cant aswer for the pay, as different locations offer different pay. I will say this. I have been locating for almost 13 yrs, and I do love what I do. Just take your time and make sure you mark all that needs to be marked, and mark it all correctly the first time, and you shouldn't have too many problems.

Proably Still @ Work Cause You Cant Get Home

i have been locating a year and to be honest im still a noob everybody i work with even the 20yr vets tell me you will never know it all so dont bother trying lol.. But locating is fun that is if you have a good sup and a good team. And know the diff between helping somebody and doing there shitty stuff..I usualy help everybody in my group but one guy cause hes done burnt his bridge with me... Theres going to be a day where your going to need help and if you dont offer it to others they wont offer it to you...

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine......good pay comes with long service to any company. 2 great locates a day is better than 20 all half done!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

with only doing phone you should be able to do 25 tickets per day.
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

Years of Experience

Heck, I do phone/power and phone/power/cable depending on what county the ticket is in... and I get 26 done a day.

Years of Experience
    30+

Ok Mike007 Welcome to the vine. You should remove the links to the

christian louboutin shoes,christian louboutin 2011,christian louboutin 2010. That makes you look like a spammer.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    Ok Mike007 Welcome to the vine. You should remove the links to the

christian louboutin shoes,christian louboutin 2011,christian louboutin 2010. That makes you look like a spammer.
    He was a spammer.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Hello noname,
    I agree with all the posts on here. I am a 15 yr vet and I can tell you it does get easier. ALWAYS ALWAYS double check your locates!!! re-read the ticket to make sure you locate everything that the contractor needs. Also re-read your prints as well. you will sometimes find cables that you missed the first time you looked at them and that can make the difference between a great locate or a damage. DO NOT rush!!! Never assume!!! Take it one ticket at a time and you will be fine. Production comes with experience.