Thread: Hello All From Canada

Years of Experience

Default Hello All From Canada

Hi,

I am a locator with 5+ years experience locating utilities and pipelines in Alberta. I cut my teeth learning how to do sweeps using the Fuji PL-2000 and the RD4000 while doing oilfield locates in Northern Alberta. I have also worked for two different firms doing mostly direct connect locating using the 3M 2273. I am currently part owner of an oilfield business that has nothing to do with locating but I am thinking of starting a private locate company in the near future.

I have seen things during this job that defy logic and reason. Lines buried 4 inches deep. Lines that run in circles on the property for no reason until they connect to the meter. Locators doing sweeps while riding quads... This industry is insane sometimes.

The ramifications of not taking this job seriously are too great and the lack of proper training and knowledge I've seen used by so many in the industry is why I left in the first place. But I think I'm ready to come home.

It's great to meet you all,

Zhukov

*I'm really surprised there isn't much talk regarding the Fuji line of locators.. they are literally the best tools I've ever used, especially when it comes to sweeps.

Years of Experience
    20+

Default Re: Hello All From Canada

I have never used a Fuji Locator.How does it compare to radiodetection,vivax,and other locators in direct connect mode and passive modes?Most of the locators on this site use radiodetection from what I have seen.I use whatever locator is better for the locate situation i am in at the time.Can you tell us more about Fuji locators?

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine ! post often , we love hearing new stuff , never heard of that machine by the way .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Wow, that surprises me immensely that no one has heard of the FUJI. It is an amazing machine. We had the FUJI and the RD as oilfield locators and we hardly EVER used the RD except to direct connect. The Fuji, IMO, is the single best sweeping locator I have ever used. It is renowned in northern alberta as the go-to device. I hope you all get to use it sometime.