Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all!

Default Hello all!

Just joined forum, found alot of interesting discussion and decided to become a part of it. Own a private utility locate company in CT.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello all!

Welcome aboard. Don't forget to add your company to the locating directory: http://www.thecablevine.com/locators/index.php
    "Change does not always equal progress."

For sure

Years of Experience
    30+

Welcome aboard LT......

Years of Experience

Hey lead, nice to have you aboard. I used to live in West Hartford many years ago. Really miss the beautiful New England country side, just can't handle the cold any more! All that damn snow and ice!!!

Years of Experience

Welcome aboard.

Years of Experience
    30+

Just for all the Viners who have to put up with all the cold and snow. Here in Florida it will be a balmy 84 degrees tomorrow. Our lows are running about 64 degrees. Don't mean to rub it in but I only want to see that snow and that cold air when on vacation.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Viners out there. Hope everyone has a safe weekend. For the folks on-call, I hope you have a quiet day and nite.

welcome lead tech, how long have you owned your own locate business?

uulc, it sounds pretty consistant there, in oklahoma we have all weather types. 75 monday, 45 tuesday, 75 wednes, projected high of 45 thanksgiving and an overnight low of 22 with rain?! that sounds nice...
    "You can never trust AT&T to do the intelligent thing..." - SM&P Lead Tech

Years of Experience

Lol, you could have 8 inches of snow on the ground with record below-zero temps Jcbro86! That's our Turkey Day present from Mother Nature!
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Lead^Tech View Post
    Just joined forum, found alot of interesting discussion and decided to become a part of it. Own a private utility locate company in CT.
    Welcome aboard. Ltois of good stuff here. Also a lot of what real attitudes are in the field unrestrained by the office politics.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    Just for all the Viners who have to put up with all the cold and snow. Here in Florida it will be a balmy 84 degrees tomorrow. Our lows are running about 64 degrees. Don't mean to rub it in but I only want to see that snow and that cold air when on vacation.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Viners out there. Hope everyone has a safe weekend. For the folks on-call, I hope you have a quiet day and nite.
    I got family in Florida, East and West coast, that keeps asking me to relocate there. Do you get to carry sidearms to fend of the gators? If I can lcoate with a .44 on my hip I am on my way.

Welcome and Happty Turkey Day to all. 84 for the high yesterday, already down to 48 this morning headed towards 29 in the morning. 55 degree drop in about 30 hours! Must be that damn Global Warming.

Oh yeah - GO COWBOYS! ( I can always wish )
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post

Oh yeah - GO COWBOYS! ( I can always wish )
    Wish HARD
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving!

Owned for 4 years now with Father who owns Environmental / Excavation company. New England Subsurface Imaging, LLC. Excuse the website. In the process of having one professionally done. Don't get much in the way of business thru the site anyway. Used to use GPR while in USMC for SOC.. weapons and hidden bunkers, underground evac tunnels, mic's in sandwalls and concrete walls. Worked for another Private Util company for 5 years before starting mine. Going real well in a bad economy I must say. All Radiodetection and all GSSI. Will be looking to hire an experienced locator soon WITH EXPERIENCE doing concrete imaging..<-- MUST.

And yes the cold is coming real quick. Can't stand it myself. Just winterized my sportbikes...sigh..

wow man, thats awesome you're doing well in a bad economy. i must say for myself that even though oklahoma has come thru the recession better off than alot of other states, i still kow alot of people without jobs. even though the big locate companies like usic have alot wrong with them i must say i'm thankful for a job that does so well even in recession. i'm sure most of us are thankful for that this year.

it sounds like you would probably have some pretty interesting stories about your time in the USMC, anything in particular stand out in your mind, anytime overseas?
    "You can never trust AT&T to do the intelligent thing..." - SM&P Lead Tech

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast