Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Just checking things out here. There is alot of buzz in the office about what is being writen about our Company on this website. HR is busy looking at this website for Employee and seeing who is unhappy. Are you all that unhappy with your jobs?

Default Re: Hello

What company do you work for? As long as USIC only lays off support people , including 2 HR people from our area, I'm OK with them.(except for no raises or bonuses this year) I wonder what the HR department's attitude is toward these lay-offs?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

welcome !!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    What company do you work for? As long as USIC only lays off support people , including 2 HR people from our area, I'm OK with them.(except for no raises or bonuses this year) I wonder what the HR department's attitude is toward these lay-offs?
    Sir I work for USIC
    We all should be happy we have a jobs.

That may be, but they wouldn't have a company without the labour. Sooner or later that mentality fails. Thats why everyone knows here that Promark was the worst company ever. So bad they changed to Consolidated but it was the same douchebags running it so their reputation was tarnished before they started. No experienced locator would work for them, thus they hire anyone= more hits etc. These companies have money to hire HR to spy online, but not to pay their workers fare. I quit Consolidated(for the 3rd time, just did it in the off season) after their secretary had the gall to second guess me. Who the f#%K is the secretary? (In the end I was still right!) Smaller companies appreciate you more. Walk the talk, and you'll always find work with your skills. Those other companies suck!

Quote Originally Posted by advanceMan View Post
    That may be, but they wouldn't have a company without the labour. Sooner or later that mentality fails. Thats why everyone knows here that Promark was the worst company ever. So bad they changed to Consolidated but it was the same douchebags running it so their reputation was tarnished before they started. No experienced locator would work for them, thus they hire anyone= more hits etc. These companies have money to hire HR to spy online, but not to pay their workers fare. I quit Consolidated(for the 3rd time, just did it in the off season) after their secretary had the gall to second guess me. Who the f#%K is the secretary? (In the end I was still right!) Smaller companies appreciate you more. Walk the talk, and you'll always find work with your skills. Those other companies suck!

Look Guy I hope you dont own a gun. If yu are not happy and your that upset. Then you need to hang it up and get different job. I pray you dont work for USIC. You sound like a guy that would fit great as a Union man. I hope you get some help!!!

LOL.. gawd, I nearly spilled coffee all over me when I laughed there..

Oh the la-la land some ppl live in.
    (May you live in interesting times)

Quote Originally Posted by Paintcan View Post
    Just checking things out here. There is alot of buzz in the office about what is being writen about our Company on this website. HR is busy looking at this website for Employee and seeing who is unhappy. Are you all that unhappy with your jobs?
    I'm not passionate about it, unfortunately. Then again, to be passionate about locating, you'd have to be an imbalanced induvidual, so maybe it's for the best

However, I do take pride in my work. Maybe some guys here do not, but I do. And I like what I do, because it's interesting as hell to me. It's strange..After a year of locating, I take a look around someplace when I'm out with my girlfriend, and can just see it underground, and what's going on underground based on what I see above ground. I love my job. I take pride in my job
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Hey Paintcan, welcome. Are u new to this field?

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by advanceMan View Post
    Advanceman:

You may or may not know that consolidated walked away from their fringe contract in Edmonton.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Paintcan, I'm in totaly agreeing with Sprayandpray statements about "As long as USIC only laying off support people" and "Expect for no raises or bonuses". I like my job and most days I like working at USIC. But with the do more with less attude that USIC has displayed in the last year scares the hell out of me. Everyday I go to work thinking what are they going to takeway from us today or what new restriction is USIC going to put on us locators today. I pray every night that I have a job and also pray that our upper management know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TechMaster View Post
    Hey Paintcan, welcome. Are u new to this field?
    Thank you I am a locator who works behind a desk now. But before that I located for 7 years.

Years of Experience

Thank you I am a locator who works behind a desk now. But before that I located for 7 years.
    Paintcan - Welcome to theVine. It's quite a transition to be one of them when you were once one of us. If you have been in the field locating for 7 years, then you already know the answer to your initial question.

It's ironic you have chosen the handle "Paintcan." My only issue I feel safe to share is paint cans. Why does corporate insist on buying water based paint? Solvent based paint is a locator's friend; especially in the fall, winter and early spring months. Water based paint SUCKS and is a scourge on locators north of the Gulf of Mexico. I fight the non-rattling, non-flowing, nozzle-freezing, water-based paint cans when the temp dips below 30 degrees. For me that's 5 months a year - Wisc & Minnesota 7+ months a year. Every year for me it seems this shitty water-based paint's winter performance gets worse. My frustration in this area falls on deaf ears.............

I worked around trucking companies maintenance facilities for many years before locating. One wise mechanic told me, "If you keep the driver's heads cold in the summer and their feet hot in the winter, everything else just falls into place." As for locators - Give us good equipment and paint that will flow when it's chilly outside, everything else just falls into place.

-----------------------------------------------------

Yeah, what Wing said, especially when you combine it with the "New, Improved , Extended Spray Nozzle". What a Crock. It's like sticky flags , we just use More and take longer doing it! Jeez, it looks like Corporate would run these decisions/choices past a panel of locators b/4 they choose materials based on the manufacturer's claims(Unless, of course, these decisions are being made by someone's brother-in-law)
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    They choose materials based on the manufacturer's claims (Unless, of course, these decisions are being made by someone's brother-in-law)
    Or a pretty skirt..................

-----------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast