Thread: Greetings from Philippines!

Default Greetings from Philippines!

Hello All!

This forum is a wonderful idea! Please allow me to introduce myself.

I am a happily married 54yr old Expat that has resided in Butuan City, Mindanao, Philippines for 10years. When I lived in the US, (SE Wa State), I did a lot of utility excavation/installation/locating, first working for a Plumbing outfit, then a rural water pump outfit, and finally owning my own backhoes and such. A couple years ago I started searching for shipwrecks in this area, (very little recorded information in this part of Asia), and to date have located a supply ship bombed by the Japanese in 1945 and a couple of barges. I use JW Fisher Underwater Pulse Detectors. As folks may know, there is a quite active group of treasure hunters in this region searching for buried Japanese gold, and I am often asked to bring my equipment into the jungles to assist. Rebels/Gangsters abound and my equipment is not really applicable.

My intent now is to learn how to use GPR expertly, and find employment for about 10yrs, anywhere in the world-Asia preferably), using this technology. I think that with my successful background in construction, heavy equipment, locating experience, and willingness to travel unencumbered that I might be a good candidate to invest in for companies utilizing GPR technology.

Any contacts, referrals and/or suggestions relative to entering the industry are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Greg May

Years of Experience

Default Re: Greetings from Philippines!

welcome to the vine Greg! Hope you find what you are looking for!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Thank you. I've been out of the 'real world' for a while! Tough year for the Saints! I can already hear the blather when the Pats/Saints have joint practices soon!

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I tried to get to the Philippines back when I was in the service. Unfortunately we had a few guys gofor a visit and decided they didn't want to come back. I have always had a thing for Filipino females

Years of Experience

Welcome Greg!! Look around, us the search function and you'll find you're among a good group with a lot of experience. Best of Luck!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Hi, Greg

Welcome to the site. I've had the opportunity to travel to the Philippines while I was a member of the U.S. Navy. My last visit there was around 1986. Not sure. However, I hear things have changed drastically. I'm referring to the Olongapo area.

I still rave about their Lumpia.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Hi, Greg

Welcome to the site. I've had the opportunity to travel to the Philippines while I was a member of the U.S. Navy. My last visit there was around 1986. Not sure. However, I hear things have changed drastically. I'm referring to the Olongapo area.

I still rave about their Lumpia.
    Thanks for the 'welcomes' gents! Lumpia can be addicting! It is a beautiful country but lagging behind other developing nations in SE Asia. The catholic dictum still reigns and gangsters still 'run the show' in most locales.