Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Mke
  • 1 Post By Wingfoot
  • 1 Post By dragon

Thread: G'day from Australia

Default G'day from Australia

Greetings from Perth Australia..... Good to find a place with fellow locators. In reading your posts.... I'm totally confused... Who is USIC.... Contracts with Utilities ... etc You sure seem to do things differently than us... I'd love to discuss the state of your industry as it seems to be a lot more mature than ours!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: G'day from Australia

Welcome aboard. Glad you found us.

USIC is a large contract locating company. The utility companies in many cases do not locate their own utilities. They hire locating firms to do it for them.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Howdy partner. Welcome.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

In the usa we have what are called one call centers. The utilities pay for it. Simplifies the getting things located for contractors and homeowners. either the utility companies either locate them in house or the subcontract it out to locating companies. USIC is one of the larger companies

Years of Experience
    17 years

U.S. Inrastructure Corporation........ aka MegaLo-cating company....... aka

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

State of the Industry? why don't we keep going with pleasentries?

By your questions, i'm assuming that you work directly for a utility company or a government agency? (Public works, etc..)

If I had to throw out made up numbers, I'd say 80% of the locates here are done via a contract locating company, 15% done by the utility or agency "in-house", and 5 % just goes up in flames.

mke
    yahoo and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDale View Post
    Greetings from Perth Australia..... Good to find a place with fellow locators. In reading your posts.... I'm totally confused... Who is USIC.... Contracts with Utilities ... etc You sure seem to do things differently than us... I'd love to discuss the state of your industry as it seems to be a lot more mature than ours!
    Greetings...we do things much differently than in Oz. Who do you work for down there? I am very familiar with my good friends at Vac Group (Vacu-Digga) in Brisbane and other areas.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Good point Mke,

A song here from one of my favorite Aussies from the 80's................ Though this was written much more recently...

Years of Experience

welcome to the vine dude !!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Greetings Dale from Oz! Thanks for becoming a member of the Cable Vine! I welcome your membership!

I understand Australia has a history of convict incarceration. However, these convicts were difficult men who were unwilling to kneel to the oppressive English justice system. These convicts were "swept" to Australia. I've been told the results have been a nation of extremely hard men who have developed a kickass culture of sportsmen and beer drinkers (my kind of blokes)..................... England chopped off its balls and sailed em to Oz.

We, in America, were unwilling 238 years ago to kneel to the oppressive English taxation without representation and kicked those Pommy bastards back to England. Today, the same greedy Royal families (the Elite, if you will) that gave us trouble then who controlled the world money supply through their ownership of the private Bank of England in London 238 years ago, as they still do today, own every Polly (politician) in Washington DC, the states of New York, California, Florida along with many creeps in key positions of power and influence. American politicians tell the voters what we want to hear before the elections and when elected do the exact opposite of their promises every day while in office. These Pollys do their business for the international Media/Military/Industrial/Financial Complex and tell the rest of us to kiss their bloody asses.

The Elite pay the American Pollys well for their treasonist actions. Case in point: U.S. President Bill Clinton was a crooked governor of the state of Arkansas, was broke and living free in the Governor's mansion in Little Rock, Arkansas making $33,500 per year Australian before he was elected president in 1992. At the end of his 2nd term in 2000 he was worth millions and today has a net worth of $90 million Australian! 99.9% of Americans have no clue how much damage President Clinton did to America due to his treasonist actions. Thanks to Bill Clinton, China can hit any city in the USA or the world, using state-of-the-art, solid-fueled missiles with dead-accurate, computerized guidance systems and multiple warheads. Today we have not a single politician that has the balls to bring even the worst "Guy Fawkes" traitor to task. May God have mercy on our souls.............. just sayin'.

Enough of that shit...... Our seasons are reversed. I'm writing from the middle of America, the snow-covered breadbasket of the world, where the temperature is -16C right now. Kinda makes a bloke's doodle droop.............. It must be nice to be where it will be almost 36C on Thursday! The beaches of Perth will be packed with bikini clad Hotties this weekend for sure. Dude, I wish I was there!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, yeah - the Australian group Midnight Oil was a class act!

Anyway, thanks for joining this forum and please post often!

TheCableVine likes this.

Years of Experience

Welcome to our world , where all things locating are open to be talked about . And I know as for myself that i would like to here how it is there .
    Read , Learn , Teach and enjoy this site .
    yahoo likes this.