Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enough is enough!!!

Years of Experience

Default Re: Enough is enough!!!

now that was well said.......

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default Re: Enough is enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CableDawg View Post
    Well let me first off start by saying I just found this site yesterday and i've found it pretty interesting. I've been locating for about two years now and I actually like the job, hell outside of the perks we get, truck, gas, phone... etc. It is a whole lot better than being stuck in an office all day. Its all of the BS and expectations that I don't like. This becomes very stressfull when you see you don't have enough hours in a day and your told to do more more more. I did 26 tickets yesterday all of which were 3-5 way and I still didn't meet my expectations. When are the guys upstairs going to realize we can only do so much... They keep piling on more utilities to locate and expect more out of the veterans, the new people they hire don't stay because its too much for them to handle with too little pay. The only people in my eyes keeping us afloat are the Vets, I know a lot of them are getting fed up but they feel they are stuck here. What would happen when they finally decide to retire or explore a new career? I think we should worry about quality and when I pull up to a locate and have to look up prints for gas, electric, phone, TV, and water I just lost a half an hour of work. What about the good ol' days when there were nice bonuses and two utilities to locate, wasn't life much more simple?

I hear your pain cabledawg! We are constantly short staffed. We do 7 way tickets, so our locates can get quite "busy" with flags and paint, not to mention the drawing.

Some time ago, the utilities that form the 1 call consortium here got together and decided to plot their utilities onto a computer software package called Field View. So, we do not have to leaf through paper prints, etc. One lap top and away we go. That said, there is so much building activity here that most of my locates do not have the new stuff plotted on screen yet. Kinda sorta like private locating some days.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12