Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Canadian" locators.

Years of Experience

Default Re: "Canadian" locators.

hey i like the new name!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    hey i like the new name!!!!!!
    Where's yours???
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    Where's yours???
    what do you mean BH...where's mine??????? (ha)
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

i can't wait till SPray sees my new name!!!! hahahhahahaahahahhhahahaahhaha

I'm still the same old boring ass name.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Well, talk about getting stabbed in the back! Yahoo, in conjunction with some other people that will remain nameless went and stole my new title! You can't turn your back on anyone around here! Hell, I might have to join forces with the Sic1 for retribution!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Evil yahoo, very evil. Remember I know what you know. Behave.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Blackmail anyone??? This ought to be good.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    Evil yahoo, very evil. Remember I know what you know. Behave.
    hey RD our little secret???? lets keep BH and Spray wondering????!!!!! hahahahahah

Byte me.

Years of Experience

it was killing you to figure it out huh????

Quote Originally Posted by advanceMan View Post
    Lol. ohh the anger.
    first. I'm not a contractor, I only work here. I'm not whining, though I bet it makes YOU feel good to think i am. I don't give a **** about anyone elses performance. The jobs get done one way or the other. I do have much experience in this area that can be transferred and applicable in most other situations. This is why I know how things need to be done. Whether you tards (no offence to anyone I don't have anything against) like it or not. If this makes you upset, you're an amateur, an idiot, and will always be only a locator.

second, if you can't do a mile a day you're a shitty locator
    These angry responses only lend credence to the idea that you're lazy cunts.

If anything i say offends you or gets you riled up, despite your quick nasty response, (which you presumably find satisfaction in and think are witty), YOU'RE a ****in' idiot.

This goes for
    Ifindit
    6feet
    beyond
    locatethis
    and anyone else lurking out there.

Sometimes I forget noone can see the friendly "jest' in which i compose my converstaions. How you perceive my writing is a testimony to your own intelligence. If you're just looking for something to jump on, like "ifindit", or "locatethis" whom is quite obviously only 14, you'll find it like he did. This would be typical of anyone using a Rottweiler to identify their personality. Some of you need to read a little better, and develop a sense of humour. In your case "Ifindit" you ****in' idiot, I would suggest you go and **** your Rottweiler a little more(give his ass a good lick for me), maybe you'll "findit" there.
    This thread is a paradox...

Why are you so frustrated...You need some R&R. I have an idea, take your significant other and go rent a condominium. I suggest in Gulf Shores, soak up some rays. If you're single, go anyways; goto Lulu's (get the fried catfish) and you'll find a local river rat to keep you comfortable for the weekend. You sounded like a contractor in your first post, because you were talking like you didn't understand what a stretched locator actually has on their plate. You never really know what a guy has in his ticketload unless you are looking at it. The guy could be doing three or more large roadjobs along with a bunch of single address stuff, for all you know. If he was doing all of that, I can promise you if he 'Just did it' like you said, on all those roadjobs his normal single address tickets would be over 100...This is why we call on shit and coordinate with contractors, to conserve time and manpower and increase production.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by advanceMan View Post
    Before I commence with another proclamation, I would like to say regarding the last thread on drug testing, though not surprised, I am thoroughly disappointed in all of you. RD, your smokes WILL be illegal soon(like in "The 6th Day), don't tell me you don't see that coming.

Anyway, This is only directed at "Canadian" locators, specifically Alberta locators. I just came back from up north, we're plowing a twenty click fibre run into a provincial park. Starting at a handhole, up the hwy for 12 clicks then into the park for the rest. There is at least 3 feet of snow in the ditch, I've not plowed in winter before and it's definitely more of a pain in the ass. We parallel the telephone fibre for 12 clicks and only cross a couple of piplelines and power/tel crossings. Fibre runs are usually easier to plow than copper, one reason is that they can plow the reel out without having to set repeaters every 1372m. This company does the opposite of my other, they plow first, then drill, then couple, then jet.

I got called up there for the usual reason, they didn't trust the first call guy. I get there, there is maybe one flag every 50-70 metres. No location around the barrels, alignment changes. This is bullshit.
    We need to know if the line goes up, down, sideways, backwards, inside out. Then we determine whether we drill under it(in most cases), or go over it, or avoid it all together, we can't do this without proper utility locates, even if we are just parrallelling it. We need to know where it goes around culverts, crossings and other obstacles. When all the locates have been completed then the best and most efficient method can be determined. 1 flag every 50-70m on 12 click one is bullshit. Yes, I know it's hard work, I had to do it for you. Especially without snowshoes, skidoos, but you know what..it's not my job!
    Apparently the old guy I was working with got in some altercation with the locator and the guy threatened to call his own boss and say he was being harassed. We are one of your major contracts........ that's going to go a long way.
    If you know a job is coming up, do it! Jobs like that don't have to be done for us in one day, but they need to be done! Give us a mile day, that's not to much. I KNOW that you rural locators can hold on to ticket longer than the city guys, so there is no excuse. You know especially with utilities, that if it's not done you're gonna hear about it, especially if it isn't done right, so do it right the first time. As long as we have that first mile, and you're well ahead of us, then things are fine.
    I remember getting those tickets and thinking "assholes", but the longer you procrastinate, the more unpleasant the entire scenario becomes. It's really not that hard, just do it!
    still boxing?
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

I'm new to area of forums, but true to my experience I found contractors to be...well..a little on the un-derserving side. Contractors are supposed to have meets especially on long projects. Usually that nevr happens. So when trying to muster the ticket count for that day with no faults is a task in itself. At times i belevd that I had a good repoire with my contractors in area. But true to their nature...they'll blame you every chance they get..from removing marks so well with there equipment..you end up like younever made an attempt. thats y offsetts are good especially if they cant be removed. my problm is this however. It seems that a contractor can change the descrip of work and leave you in the dark......Here's an example of what one of my contractors did.......

I get a ticket for doing sewer laterals, I m marking telephone, copper and fiber. Main drag, about a 3mile locate..since I've workd with this contrtr before. we were familiar since it is my area. someone has said if its rural you'll try to mark all of it...well that s just what i set out to do...I marked for laterals only., you know laterals are for the homeowner or business owner.Couple of days went by and i get a call for a damage...WHAT!..I race there and to my amazement they have hit the 600 pair cable, not where i marked in those 3 miles, not where any houses were,....so why did he hit it....BECAUSE in the area that it was hit there was no houses, so no marks, no marks because there are no need for a lateral...found out that the contractor was ACTUALLY LAYING DOWN MAIN SEWER EVEN THOUGH TICKET SAID LATERALS..They were supposed to issue a change tkt...obviously they didn't. I ate at the damage. problem is that no one holds the contractors accountable, even the utility owners..They shouldn't forget that MISS UTILITY is a FEDERAL PROGRAM. SO ANY CHANGE IN A WORK ORDER, IT STATES THAT THE CONTRACTOR MUST ISSUE A NEW TICKET. So newbies be careful..watch your backs..this is gratifying work..you must have a lov for this type of work..i certainly enjoy the daily challenges...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234