Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mark

Thread: Applied at usic

Default Applied at usic

Hi all new to this forum.
    I applied on the 7th, now I'm curious on login for usic my application status went from: application complete to reviewed to submitted.... I would guess the computer reviewed it and it meet criteria for hire and keywords so it was submitted to human resource person? If anyone can elaborate on this I would be grateful.
    Now a lil about me. I'm 27 years old just got out of the military after eight years, it was just a bit too much with me and my wife both serving so we have decided to both get out and ok at other opportunities. Yes I have a nine week old daughter and I realize the hors required for this job but it will only be temporary unless for some unforeseen reason I like it so much and don't wanna leave.
    I'm currently working on finishing out my bachelors and should be done in just over a year. At which time I should be more competitive in the job market.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Applied at usic

You can expect long hours to interfere with college. Plan on spending 18 to 24 months to finish your degree instead of 12 to 14 months. That way you are prepared and if you do get done in your original timeframe it will be a pleasent surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliedude View Post
    Hi all new to this forum.
    I applied on the 7th, now I'm curious on login for usic my application status went from: application complete to reviewed to submitted.... I would guess the computer reviewed it and it meet criteria for hire and keywords so it was submitted to human resource person? If anyone can elaborate on this I would be grateful.
    Now a lil about me. I'm 27 years old just got out of the military after eight years, it was just a bit too much with me and my wife both serving so we have decided to both get out and ok at other opportunities. Yes I have a nine week old daughter and I realize the hors required for this job but it will only be temporary unless for some unforeseen reason I like it so much and don't wanna leave.
    I'm currently working on finishing out my bachelors and should be done in just over a year. At which time I should be more competitive in the job market.

Years of Experience

Hello Charlie, welcome to the Vine.

Thank you for your service in the Military, you rock buddy. It may be a blessing if USIC doesn't get back to you. You deserve better.

Take care and good luck in the job market.

Years of Experience

welcome Charlie to the vine ....hang in there either way life takes you !!! It really does help to know someone to get hired anywhere I think.....Good Luck !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Real talk, It took them over a year from that point to hire me. They've got your info, and when someone walks off, they might call you.

Our hiring process is largely farmed out, and nobody involved actually cares about what they're doing, so the whole "bureaucratic delay" thing takes on a whole new meaning. Gotta love big business.

The Staffing firm doesn't know or care if they are actually meeting USIC's staffing needs because USIC will keep on paying the bill.

USIC corporate doesn't know or care if they are being provided optimal staffing because it is someone else's problem.

Your best bet would to be to go local. Sup or Higher, and make a good impression. Call the number on the flags for their contact info.