Thread: Getting virus post on my security essentials when pulling up the vine....

Default Getting virus post on my security essentials when pulling up the vine....

I get a virus called blachole when opening thecablevine site-

here is the microsoft paste link for the virus-

Malware Protection Center
    Threat Research and Response

Sign In
    Having trouble signing in?

Get the latest definitions

Learn more about malware

Submit a sample

Learn about us

Home > Learn more about malware > Research Exploit:Java/Blacole.EN

Exploit:Java/Blacole.EN
    (?)

Encyclopedia entry
    Published: Mar 14, 2012

Aliases
    Not available

Alert Level(?)
    Severe

Antimalware protection details
    Microsoft recommends that you download the latest definitions to get protected.

Detection last updated:
    Definition: 1.123.738.0
    Released: Mar 30, 2012

Detection initially created:
    Definition: 1.121.1557.0
    Released: Mar 14, 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

This threat is detected by the Microsoft antivirus engine. Technical details are not currently available for this threat.

Provide feedback

RSS|Blog|Help||

Translate this pageArabicBulgarianCatalanChinese SimplifiedChinese TraditionalCzechDanishDutchEstonianFinnishFrenchGe rmanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHmong DawHungarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvian LithuanianNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussian SlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianV ietnamese

Microsoft® Translator

Terms of use|Trademarks|Privacy statement
    © 2011 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This is a partial copy paste of the data issue? Who knows!? it does clean up but twice now that i frequented the cablevine it has occured...
    Last edited by UTILQ1; March 30th, 2012 at 02:52 AM.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting virus post on my security essentials when pulling up the vine....

I'm seeing some odd things happening in the background of my computer as well. I spoke to Steve about it, and he'll look at the situation later this evening.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting virus post on my security essentials when pulling up the vine....

I don't see anything yet. I'll poke around and see if something pops up. I have AVG Pro going so I hope it covers it.

Can someone point to a page where you see the 'threat'?

Thanks
    Steve
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Alright i just got on the site now and no problems...

Maybe the Msft security essential rectified the issue ?

I m running - spybot, adaware, avg, and msft security essentials (all free) as well as the yahoo home page crap since I dont do google or msn....

I stay ontop of the updates like clock work...

Have had a few blue screens but never any major issues. The preloaded software on this thing had games that had viruses right out of the box... who knows !? as long as I see clean-up items after running avg scans i know some software protection is operational.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'm not an expert at this so what I did was download a copy of the website onto my computer and waited for AVG to flag a file. It flagged a file in 'Polls' as having a JS/Dropper. JS stands for Java Script. The virus: Java/Blacole.EN is a Java based virus (I guess). So, I just uploaded a fresh file over the infected one and it should be just fine.

Cross your fingers.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

i got a goggle warning red page saying they sampled 19 pages and found threats on this site

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

I was getting pop-ups from my Norton Internet Security saying something about "Norton blocked an attempt to hack your computer: Apple Fake Scan..." or something like that. Got it for a couple of days of coming here to login.

Logged in tonight, and it didn't do it....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

I just tried to access the site. I got the first warning page I've seen so far at 12:03 AM.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Apparently this is a recent thing with the vBulletin software. I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Here is a thread dealing with the problem if anyone is curious: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...eady-exploited

Somehow java code is being injected into the database. Nobody knows how, yet. Many forums it seems are being affected. I fixed it as per the instructions but since the cause is unknown, the fix may not last too long. Tomorrow I may have to start over again. We'll see.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

It looks like it has been remedied. I hope so.

Years of Experience
    17 years

I've suspected I was getting tracking cookies from here too. I have had Microsoft Security Essentials give my computer a clean bill of health and then have tracking and adware viruses caught by other antivirus programs. I won't rely on just one anymore. Superantispyware has a really good free version that catches things the others don't. You have to pay if you want the real-time protection but you can get that elsewhere. The name is kinda lame sounding but it works well. It was recommended to me by a friend and now I recommend it to mine.