Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ProfessionalLocator

Thread: Whats for lunch?

Years of Experience

Default Whats for lunch?

After 20 years of roller dogs and fast food on the run I have decided to brown bag it. I would love to hear what is good to take for lunch. Also how to take it what keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold. Thanks in advance.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Whats for lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    After 20 years of roller dogs and fast food on the run I have decided to brown bag it. I would love to hear what is good to take for lunch. Also how to take it what keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold. Thanks in advance.
    Add to that field rations for leaving late with no time to pack or working after hours.

crackers, deviled ham, jerky, dried fruit, etc.

Years of Experience

your arteries have to be clogged by now!!!! its tooooo late to reverse the affects of roller dogs!!!

Years of Experience

I have bag lunched from the very beginning of the work force. I have eaten bolona, ham, roast beef, hot dogs, or PB&J . When one sandwich gets old I begin eating a different meat . With that , I take a small glad bag of chex mix mixed with nuts/M&M's that you can get at Walmart. And last but not least , I eat a fiber bar for good measure. My drink thru the years has always been the same ....tap water in a thermos.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

After 20 years of roller dogs and fast food on the run

Quote Originally Posted by union_YES View Post
    your arteries have to be clogged by now!!!! its tooooo late to reverse the affects of roller dogs!!!

+1 bro - you better go see that guy that sticks his finger up ur *ss to make sure everything is cool.

I guess I shouldn't talk... Gas stations are pretty convenient when you're bolting from job to job. I usually have something at a place called Kwik Trip. Good thing they don't have more Rocky Rococo's around here!

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

In summer will need a cooler of ice so food does not spoil but in winter put food in bed of truck, tool bin, trunk to keep it cool.

For those summer days you need to get out of house fast and cannot prepare and properly pack a lunch that will spoil if not kept cool peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Keep a jar of premixed peanut butter and jelly around, makes a fast sandwich. Keep a jar of it in your vehicle and can be eaten with crackers.

For mornings you do not have time to pack a meal yourself you can also say "woman, fix me vittles!", then run like hell.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Carrot soup is my choice.