Years of Experience

Default Re: Whats For Dinner?

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    those look really good ...........and the plate is making them look even better
    Thanks Yahoo. I kicked it up a notch with some really good Amish Swiss cheese I found at the store. Can't wait to get some tomatoes in the garden!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

About the pizza... It looks yummy. Can you break it down for me? What kind of sauce are you using? Did you make it yourself? And whatever else you want to divulge.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    About the pizza... It looks yummy. Can you break it down for me? What kind of sauce are you using? Did you make it yourself? And whatever else you want to divulge.
    Yessir Steve. Pizza making is my specialty. I even help out my friend Albert Grande at his pizza forum. The Pizza Therapy Forum and Pasta Therapy Forum :: Index

For the pizza in the pic, I just bought my sauce from the store in a jar. It's so much easier and quicker... I think I added a little bit of sugar to it because that's how I like it. I used a stone dish for mine too (had to let it bake a little longer).

For the deep dish pizza in the pic, I basically used this recipe: DKM's Chicago-Style Deep Dish pizza recipe

The "purist" folks weigh their ingredients and all that... I just do my best, come close and it comes out better than the pizzeria down the road. Make it yourself and use the fresh stuff, you will be happy. Make sure you let your dough rise overnight in the fridge tho, this makes a noticeable difference. If you don't it will still work...

A few tips for making a good pizza are:

Let your dough rise overnight in the fridge. Flavor is much better.

Get yourself a pizza stone and warm it up for 45 minutes at the highest setting in your oven. When you slide your pizza onto the stone, the moisture will escape from the crust giving it that"crunch" when you cut it. Should only take like 5 minutes to bake a regular pizza.

A peel is that thing you slide you pizza off of into the oven. Sprinkle it with cornmeal before assembling your pie so it doesn't stick when you go to slide it in the oven onto the stone. One time I went to slide it and it stuck on the peel. All the topping slid off into the oven. if you don't have a peel, you can use the backside of a cookie sheet too I heard.

Don't buy that shredded mozzarella in a bag. Are you nuts? Shred or slice your own from a good block of mozzarella! Use fresh toppings too, it all adds up.

It's a little time consuming to make your own from scratch, but it really is awesome once you get the hang of it. Your friends will be stunned and amazed! I built a wood fired oven in my backyard for the ultimate pizza making experience, and it was worth it. I had the inside shell imported from Italy ($$$$), but others have made their own from regular firebricks with great success.

Like I said, it takes some time and a little trial and error, but it's worth it if you love pizza as much as I do. Any questions feel free to ask.

Years of Experience

I haven't had the pleasure of eating here yet but it's on the list when I'm in that part of beautiful Wisonsin. If you are ever in Fon du Lac ~

The Most Insane Bloody Mary We've Ever Seen Comes From O'Davey's Irish Pub & Restaurant In Wisconsin

Years of Experience

It's Monday in Southeast Luziana. What else could I be eating besides redbeans and rice wit some sawsage?
    Mark and TheCableVine like this.

Years of Experience

Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, great comfort food. Freezin my arse off tonight.

Got a 24 pound turkey in the fridge for next week.

Years of Experience

Kinda scary Mark I had the same thing for dinner but my bird is only 14lbs, just the wife and I this year
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience

Thumbs up Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Kinda scary Mark I had the same thing for dinner but my bird is only 14lbs, just the wife and I this year
    Nice. Supper of champions!

I wanted to get a smaller bird too. It was either 13 or 24 pounders and nothing in between when I was at the store... I deep fried a 13 ~ pounder the last few years and it was fantastic! But this year I want to get back to tradition and cook one in the oven. Cooking a turkey in the oven is super easy and it just makes the whole house smell really good. I'm sure it drives the dogs nuts too! LOL... I can't wait to fall into a food coma next week!

Years of Experience

Default Re: Dinner

dude.........I can almost smell THAT right now.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Nice. Supper of champions!

I wanted to get a smaller bird too. It was either 13 or 24 pounders and nothing in between when I was at the store... I deep fried a 13 ~ pounder the last few years and it was fantastic! But this year I want to get back to tradition and cook one in the oven. Cooking a turkey in the oven is super easy and it just makes the whole house smell really good. I'm sure it drives the dogs nuts too! LOL... I can't wait to fall into a food coma next week!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Default Re: Dinner

Cheese burgers on the grill tonight. It's been a long wait!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I haven't had the pleasure of eating here yet but it's on the list when I'm in that part of beautiful Wisonsin. If you are ever in Fon du Lac ~

The Most Insane Bloody Mary We've Ever Seen Comes From O'Davey's Irish Pub & Restaurant In Wisconsin

Been there done that, It's Ok. More show than go.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by utiliquesternomo View Post
    It's Monday in Southeast Luziana. What else could I be eating besides redbeans and rice wit some sawsage?
    Greetings ex-quester! How about ‘Suck dat Head – Pinch dat Tail’ on dat mud bug and eatin' dat boudin blood sawsage?

----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Kramit69 View Post
    Been there done that, It's Ok. More show than go.
    never tired it but it is OPENING DAY tomorrow

Years of Experience

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast