3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Pizza: Thick or Thin

Years of Experience

Default Pizza: Thick or Thin

Thick or thin crust?

Whatchya got. And... as long as we are talking pizza, Who makes the best pizza?

Edwardos?
    Lou Malnatis?

Lots of good chains out there. Better yet are the small greasy Mom & Pop pizzeria's.

One of my fav's, and I'm not sure if it's still there, is Father and Son pizza in Chicago. I remember skipping school back in the 80's and going to shytown. That pizza I will never forget...

How bout you? Any good pizza places where you live or have visited?

Default Re: Pizza: Thick or Thin

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Thick or thin crust?

Whatchya got. And... as long as we are talking pizza, Who makes the best pizza?

Edwardos?
    Lou Malnatis?

Lots of good chains out there. Better yet are the small greasy Mom & Pop pizzeria's.

One of my fav's, and I'm not sure if it's still there, is Father and Son pizza in Chicago. I remember skipping school back in the 80's and going to shytown. That pizza I will never forget...

How bout you? Any good pizza places where you live or have visited?
    father and son is still there but have never had it.
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by fiberlocator99 View Post
    father and son is still there but have never had it.
    Wow, no kidding. I'll have to put that on my bucket list and get back there some day. That pizza really did kick ass, I still remember sitting down there and getting a plastic pie shaped pizza cutter with the logo on it. On Milwaukee avenue, I'm pretty sure.

Wow, no kidding. I'll have to put that on my bucket list and get back there some day. That pizza really did kick ass, I still remember sitting down there and getting a plastic pie shaped pizza cutter with the logo on it. On Milwaukee avenue, I'm pretty sure.
    Marcello?s Father & Son Italian American Restaurants
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

We have a place here in Boise called Flying Pie Pizza. It is a local favorite. Their pizza crust is about like Domino's or Pizza Hut. Most of the other places go for that New York style pizza. Blech. Super thin crust. If you are a fan on NYS pizza then don't take offense, but I think people around here make NYS pizza to cut costs and charge a premium.

If I pay over $20 for a pizza and I can eat the whole darn thing in one sitting... then the crust is too thin and the toppings too sparse.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I have been thinking about checking out lou malnatis's web page and having a couple fed-exed to me. When growing up my dad delivered for congress pizza. It was so good and they made their own sausage. We have this little place called Tony & Maries pizza. It is expensive like $28-32 for the large but you need two hands to hold the box. It is at least twice if not more heavy than a pizza hut pie.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    I have been thinking about checking out lou malnatis's web page and having a couple fed-exed to me. When growing up my dad delivered for congress pizza. It was so good and they made their own sausage. We have this little place called Tony & Maries pizza. It is expensive like $28-32 for the large but you need two hands to hold the box. It is at least twice if not more heavy than a pizza hut pie.
    Ah yes, sign of a great pizza is when you need 2 hands to carry it! I remember a place down in Indiana near Fort Wayne that charged by the pound. Good stuff.

Fresh toppings, great crust and lotza cheese please!

I still need to try a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza some day.

Years of Experience

Sorry but I'm weighing in on this Pizza Talk... And yes it's New York Style Thin Crust, Golden Oil running down your arm, Hot Roof of your Mouth Burning cheese, Folded in your Hand MMMMmmmmmm!!!!

On the other hand, where I now live , I found an Italian Restaurant that offered a Scampi Pizza. Man I wet myself it was that good. White cheese with plenty of garlic and shrimp!!!
    Mark, TheCableVine and Wingfoot like this.
    I must be F#%@ing Daffy!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by locatethis View Post
    Sorry but I'm weighing in on this Pizza Talk... And yes it's New York Style Thin Crust, Golden Oil running down your arm, Hot Roof of your Mouth Burning cheese, Folded in your Hand MMMMmmmmmm!!!!

On the other hand, where I now live , I found an Italian Restaurant that offered a Scampi Pizza. Man I wet myself it was that good. White cheese with plenty of garlic and shrimp!!!
    Don't be sorry. If you like thin then that's the best pizza. I like thick myself, but if I was offered thin you bet I'd take it. I wouldn't have shrimp, white sauce and all that other strange shit on it tho, but I'd take it. Just kiddin buddy

I remember a place when I was in Cancun, Mexico. It was an upscale Italian place with surprisingly good pizza. I went back a few times. I can't remember the name but I do remember walking down a flight of stairs to enter this place. It was strange to me anyway, normal for Mexico.
    Last edited by Mark; June 21st, 2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Cancun, not Cozumel

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Don't be sorry. If you like thin then that's the best pizza. I like thick myself, but if I was offered thin you bet I'd take it. I wouldn't have shrimp, white sauce and all that other strange shit on it tho, but I'd take it. Just kiddin buddy

I remember a place when I was in Cancun, Mexico. It was an upscale Italian place with surprisingly good pizza. I went back a few times. I can't remember the name but I do remember walking down a flight of stairs to enter this place. It was strange to me anyway, normal for Mexico.
    You hit on an important point when it comes to pizza, wine, or whatever. The best pizza out there is what YOU like. Not what everyone else likes.

Years of Experience

thin for me but that was very hard for me to conclude ???
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    17 years

Thick crust pan pizza at my house. It's like a crunchy, buttery breadstick attached to the end of each slice. Mmmm-boy. I'm one of those skinny guys who eats like a horse. I can devour those thin pizzas and still want more. But you guys are right. If I come over and you hand me a thin crust, I ain't gonna be griping about it.

Years of Experience

The pizza joint down the street has a thin crust with all fresh fixings they cut it into squares instead of pie shape. My guilty pleasure is the cream cheese with Canadian bacon and black olives-makes the beer go down fast

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

As an afterthought, I could have put a couple more options in the poll.

Thin, medium, thick, and deep dish. Now they have something called a cracker crust.

I prefer a medium crust AND I also like a good deep dish. Papa Murphys has the stuffed pizza. That is a favorite of mine.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by locatethis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    We have this little place called Tony & Maries pizza. You need two hands to hold the box.
    Ah yes, sign of a great pizza is when you need 2 hands to carry it!
    Sorry but I'm weighing in on this Pizza Talk... And yes it's New York Style Thin Crust Folded in your Hand MMMMmmmmmm!!!!
    Thick crust for me. A fellow locator, who is larger than me in size, told me he will pop a large frozen pizza in the oven when he gets home late in the night after a hectic day of locating, fold it in half when it cools down and uses two hands to eat it like a taco.................... My kind of Man!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheCableVine likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast