Thread: My favorites

Default My favorites

My mom always used to make this, and I find that it's filling enough with the potatoes that a batch will feed me for a week, so if you're on a budget like most of us it's a helluva deal. Total cost is fairly low...and it sounds like a lot of work but it's really not...

I usually use a ton more cheese than it says too...like a whole bag. mmm, cheese

And I also chop and fry about 1/2 of an onion with the beef, more flavor!

4 C Hash Browns
    3 tbs Veg Oil
    1/8 Tsp Pepper
    1 lb ground beef
    1 package brown gravy mix
    1 c water
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    10 oz mixed vegetables
    1 c shredded cheese
    1 can french fried onions

Mix potatoes, veg oil, and pepper, and press firmly in a 9x9 pan to make a shell.
    Bake shell @ 400 for 15 minutes

Brown beef and drain in a large skillet, stir in gravy mix, water, garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Add vegetables, reduce to medium and cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 c cheese and 1/2 can french fried onions. Bake @ 350 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions and bake another 5 minutes.

My Chili
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    1 lb 85/15 ground beef
    1 can petite diced tomatoes
    1 can tomato sauce
    1 can rotel - spicy
    1 can black beans
    2 cans hot chili beans
    1 white onion
    1 package hot chili mix
    extra chili powder as needed

Brown the beef with the onions, don't drain the fat of course. Add everything except the beans and simmer for about an hour. Dump the beans in and simmer for another hour. For more sauce in the chili, add 1 cup water before simmering, for a thicker chili, crush 1 sleeve of saltines before adding beans.

This chili is very forgiving...add or remove things you like or don't like. I like to add elbow macaroni sometimes too...chili mac!

Easy-@ss Enchiladas
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    1 lb ground beef
    2-3 cans enchilada sauce
    1 onion
    1 bag shredded cheese
    12" tortillas

Brown the beef and onion, pour in enough enchilada sauce to make a mixture that looks like sloppy joes and about a cup of cheese. Add mixture to tortillas, roll up, cover with rest of enchilada sauce and cheese, and bake at around 350 until the cheese is brown and the sauce is bubbling. Serve with spanish rice and refried beans.....

Years of Experience

Default Re: My favorites

sounds really good dude!!!! making me hungry after just eating a bowl of oatmeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Default Re: My favorites

2 whole slabs pork baby back ribs
    Dry Rub:
    8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed
    3 tablespoons kosher salt
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Braising Liquid:
    1 cup white wine
    2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon honey
    2 cloves garlic, chopped

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
    In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down. Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour. In a microwavable container, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute.

Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.

Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepot. Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until of a thick syrup consistency. Brush the glaze onto the ribs. Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly. Slice each slab into 2 rib bone portions. Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.

*This recipe makes several batches of dry rub. If more rub is needed, it can be extended by any amount, as long as the ratio of 8:3:1:1 remains the same
    Source(s):
    Food Network
    3 years ago Report Abuse
    100% 1 Vote
    This question about "Best BBQ Recipe to w " was originally asked on Yahoo! Answers United Kingdom
    Other Answers (2)

pouncerm...
    I don't think I would worry what other people like, because if they tell you something and you don't happen to like it, your food is not going to come out good.
    Make what you like and what you enjoy, and you will do well!
    3 years ago Report Abuse
    0% 0 Votes

cool_unc...
    lamb sounds delicious to me good luck in the contest
    3 years ago Report Abuse
    0% 0 Votes
    1 person rated this as good
    Discover Questions in Cooking & Recipes

What can I do with some leftover roasted carrots? Also, any tips for cooking for one?
    Can I cook fish fillets on a grill?
    How can i save split butter cream?
    What can a 13 year old cook for dinner?
    There are many ways on how to work at home with a guaranteed income. Work at home employment is surely the best for you!