Thread: Looking for holiday recipes

Im being moderated

Default Looking for holiday recipes

Hi Friends,

sorry to came up this post but unfortunately I am looking for some easy and first chines holiday recipes so can you give me any idea about that think

Thanks,

Years of Experience

Default Re: Looking for holiday recipes

The Secret For The Tender Turkey

This last Thanksgiving at my in-laws, I was asked to carve the turkey. I just knew I was going to work up a sweat cutting that bird. Man, was I surprised. The turkey was so juicy and tender, using the carving knife was almost effortless. WoW! The taste was so delicious, I'm not kidding when I say my gut hurt when I finally pushed away from the table. That was the best turkey meat I ever ate........

My sister-in-law prepared the turkey using the secret for a tender bird - simply soaking the turkey in a salt brine the night before the big day. You can't believe how BIG is the improvement of taste to turkey meat by doing this.

I'm not really sure, but I would think this would work on any bird that is roasted.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    [CENTER]The Secret For The Tender Turkey

My sister-in-law prepared the turkey using the secret for a tender bird - simply soaking the turkey in a salt brine the night before the big day. You can't believe how BIG is the improvement of taste to turkey meat by doing this.

I'm not really sure, but I would think this would work on any bird that is roasted.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, using a brine is simple & effective. and can be used on most meats. Ill use it with pork chops, flank steaks & other tough cuts of meat

Years of Experience

I always brine my turkey, it works very well. I forget the salt/water ratio... I add some peppercorns too. Brining also works with pork - make pork chops really tender. You really need an acid to tenderize steak. Saltwater brining doesn't work for cows.

Okay here's a good recipe for BBQ ribs. If you have a slow cooker layer in your baby back ribs and cover with sweet baby rays bbq sauce. Let that cook on low all day and... num num nummmm... OR -

Take your baby back ribs and peel that skin off the back. Use a dry napkin to get ahold of it and peel it off. Smother your ribs in BBQ sauce and double wrap with tin foil. make a good seal and refridgerate over night. The next day take them out and put them in the oven @300F for about 4 hours. You can't overcook these, it just makes them more tender. Low and Slow. It breaks down the (callogen?) tough stuff. After that I sometimes char them on the grill if I can keep them from falling apart. Good stuff man!