Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Manicotti...Impress your wife/gf. Cook this for her, it's ****in' easy! Best meal you'll ever cook.

Years of Experience

Default Easy Manicotti...Impress your wife/gf. Cook this for her, it's ****in' easy! Best meal you'll ever cook.

Alright. I consider myself a pretty good cook. I homebrew as well (haven't done so in awhile) but I got a really easy recipe for Parmesan/Mozarella Manicotti....It's so easy, and goddamn amazing, quick to prepare, and quick to cook.

Okay, so go get three cans of the four cheese Delmonte crappy sauce, u can find it at walmart for 88 cents.

2 15 oz containers of Ricotta cheese, (shurfine brand found near cottage cheese @ walmart)

2 bags of cheapest parmesan cheese, 2 bags of cheapest mozarella cheese

manicotti pasta, found near lasagna

make sure and pick up some good pre prepared bread, i highly recommend peppridge farm 5 cheese loaf, but the slices are damn good too.

alright. it's a good idea to hve some kind of mix of oregano and basil to add to the mixture you'll insert into the noodles. Emeril has a brand of stuff out called essence of emeril, but look for other stuff, like pizza/pasta magic is another thing I use. I combine those two , with 1 and a half containers of ricotta cheese, two eggs, salt and pepper, 1/3rd a bag of parmesan cheese and 1/3rd a bag of the motz cheese, in a big bowl. stir the **** out of it.

your 3 cans of sauce should be simmering, coming down from a boil. you dont need to do this, but its better if you make your own sauce with garlic powder if you are too lazy to chop it up or the essence of emeril crap ,bring to a boil, and the flavors will meld. but just , the first time, do it without all that shit. you dont need to cook sauce separately for this to work ...

Okay, so get you a glass cookware thing about 2 ft long and 1 1/2 ft wide, enough space to fit like 2 manicotti noodles on width-wise, and just pour about half a can to 3/4s a can of the sauce, just with one can, to cover the bottom of the dish. Then, take the mix of cheeses,eggs,ricotta, etc and get a gallon ziplok bag. Cut a hole (make it small) in 1 corner of the bag. Take the hard noodles straight out the package and fill em up with the bag, 1 by 1, takes 5-7 mins tops to get it all done. ive done this about 15 times though. near the end youll feel like a cake decorator because it's similar to the thing they use for icing. Anyway, once you got all your manicotti stuffed, dump the rest of the sauce all over the top of it. you should not see any noodles poking out which is why u bought 3 cans. Then the fun part. spreading cheese all over that shit is fun. my girlfriend loves to do it...we fight over wh gets to spread to cheese lol...anyhow, get it spread out nice on top (do parm on bottom and motz on top so its stringy on top... preheat oven to 350, cook for 55 minutes, take out and let cool for 15 minutes, and bam, you got a meal that would run you 35-40 bucks at a quality restaurant and probably tastes much better. you can put all kinds of shit in the ricotta stuffing mix that I left out of this recipe, such as spinach and ground beef.

Guys, try it out......jusdt be careful, dont get your women too fat....this recipe added 10lbs to my gf's ass.(but i like her cute big butt so its cool...) lol gl with the cooking fellow slaves.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Easy Manicotti...Impress your wife/gf. Cook this for her, it's ****in' easy! Best meal you'll ever cook.

that looks like some fine cajun food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!look forward to telling you it is cajun accepted............hahahhahh
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Default Re: Easy Manicotti...Impress your wife/gf. Cook this for her, it's ****in' easy! Best meal you'll ever cook.

i could make a dirty rice that would knock ur (and your family's) cajun socks off yahoo

i could never be a chef working for someone else but ive thought about maybe making my own italian cuisine type place cause its honestly my favorite type of food, but around here I think folks would spring for some kind of great local food such as dirty rice for 2.99 for a nice plate of it maybe get a little shitbox steel building to vend it out of to start out.. rofl..the italian stuff might go well in a place with a high italian population because they like that food more, fkn demographics

Years of Experience

better stick with cajun food in denham springs...........hahahhahahhahahhha
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

True...Maybe I should invest in one of those steel building drive thrus & cook the dirty rice and boudin on the side. i could always stock up on beer and cigs too because around here drive thru conveinence stores are rare and alot of people just want beer or cigarettes.

Years of Experience

now that sounds like a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make for sure you set up shop on either florida blvd or airline hwy.......................and if your not doing good yet.....plank rd...hahahahahhaahahahh

Years of Experience

Hey ya'll, we need to have a good old fashioned CRAB FEAST! Get some Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs and several picnic tables, some kegs and some music!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Don't forget the chips & salsa! I am a sucker for tortilla chips & salsa!!! It is a staple here!

I'm going to try this recipe this weekend! Will have to be tomorrow ... cause hubby is coming home today and we are going out for a belated anniversary dinner (It was Monday... and he flew to Kansas that day)... No.. toto is not in Kansas anymore... flying in from Cleveland! So tomorrow I will let y'all know what I think. Sounds delicious!

I'll also usually add some pesto with the manicotti. I still have a bunch frozen in the freezer. I made this for the wife for our anniversary. You can also use the same mixture for jumbo shells an dmake stuffed shells with it.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

Thumbs up Re: Easy Manicotti...Impress your wife/gf. Cook this for her, it's ****in' easy! Best meal you'll ever cook.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsygirl View Post
    Don't forget the chips & salsa! I am a sucker for tortilla chips & salsa!!! It is a staple here!

Ohh now youre speaking my language. I have a place here called Hells Kitchen and they make some exellent ones

Thumbs up Re: Easy Manicotti...Impress your wife/gf. Cook this for her, it's ****in' easy! Best meal you'll ever cook.

Okay.. I made this on Sunday... I don't think I followed recipe as I used the alfredo sauce... (wasn't sure if that 4 cheese sauce was alfredo or not... then after buying alfredo ... realized that there was NO WAY you can get alfredo sauce for 88 cents!) Anyway.... used alfredo sauce (3 jars)... chopped up fresh basil & oregeno added to filling & some to sauce... I turned out FABULOUS!!! Baked at 350 for about 40 minutes...

Thanks for the recipe even though I changed it ... hubby LOVED it and it is very filling even without any meat!!

Years of Experience

Okay.. I made this on Sunday... I don't think I followed recipe as I used the alfredo sauce... (wasn't sure if that 4 cheese sauce was alfredo or not... then after buying alfredo ... realized that there was NO WAY you can get alfredo sauce for 88 cents!) Anyway.... used alfredo sauce (3 jars)... chopped up fresh basil & oregeno added to filling & some to sauce... I turned out FABULOUS!!! Baked at 350 for about 40 minutes...

Thanks for the recipe even though I changed it ... hubby LOVED it and it is very filling even without any meat!!
    awesome. I've never tried it with the 4 cheese ragu stuff, I use that mainly for chicken alfredos and shit like that.

But, you just gave me a good idea...I'm thinking like, chunks of white meat chicken, small chunks and spinach, added to the ricotta, parm/motz mixture with the eggs, and stuff that into the noodles with the alfredoesque sauce. That would be something good my queen would enjoy, I'm gonna have to make that.

Well, I gave you a good idea, and you gave me a good idea. nicely done.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Years of Experience

there's these super thin chips u can find at walmarts everywhere. they are 2.50 a bag, and they are so goddamn good. you dont understand.

Like, when I goto a mexican restaurant, thin chips is something that makes me come back in the future. The waiter could spill a beer on me, but if the chips are always hot and thin, that's good shit. Look for the brown bag, they are in the chip isle. brown paper bag with like a thin plastic seethru thing. I wanna say Mia Rosa or Mama Rosa but I Think i am wrong....just do a walkthru, they are near the Mission tortilla strip things..
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Years of Experience

Ok I tried this and I must say it wa very quick and easy to prepare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast