Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheCableVine

Thread: Vacation Plans

Years of Experience

Default Vacation Plans

My wife and I have, in past years, planned a nice vacation each year. One year we took a Cruise; last year we went to Savannah Ga. and Charleston Sc. This year will be rather low key as the economy(is down) and gas prices (are way up). Probably a couple of short camping trips and one trip home to see her folks (Lafayette, La.) is all we can afford. How about the rest of you. What do you have going?

Years of Experience

I spend 9 days every year in Eagle River, WI camping. It is a very rustic site on a lake with no power,running water, or any other conviences. The closest gas station or bait shop is about 30 minutes away. We've taken this same trip the 3rd week of July for the last 14 years. I can't wait till then.

Years of Experience

6 way ......welcome to louisiana...call me when you guys get in and we'll have lunch.....my wife and i like olive garden ........

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

We love the Oregon coast around Cannon Beach/Seaside driving along hwy 101.
    We first visited there over 30 years ago on our honeymoon and have gone back many times.

Love to hit a few at Manzanita golf course and Seaside golf course is fun too when the tide is coming in.

We usually drive through the Columbia gorge and do some day hikes, or, climb the beehive.
    Last edited by underground quester; May 22nd, 2008 at 07:21 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Vacation Plans

Greetings Fellow 'Viners!

I have been on vacation since Monday with no plans to leave town. The plan was to spend time with the family; or so I thought. It is Thursday morning and my wife has informed me I just hung up on my 72nd work related phone call since Sunday night............................. and she ain't happy about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Vacation Plans

Never let them know you are staying home while on vacation. For all they know you are in a secluded mountain cabin with no cell service.
    daman1 likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."