Thread: Traveling With Your Buddies

Years of Experience

Unhappy Traveling With Your Buddies

I've got a friend who has been an owner/operator for many years. He has been hauling groceries with his own Kenworth tractor. His tractors have always been nice and powered by big 450 horsepower Caterpillar motors.

He has 2.3 million accident-free miles operating his own equipment.

We were just bullshitting the other day about work. We discussed his recent 5 day gig operating a large diesel-powered straight-truck across 9 Mid-western states. It involved many time-sensitive scheduled stops, thousands of miles and he had to load 'n unload the truck in the brutal July heat by himself along the way. All he had was 14 hours of nap-time during those 5 days! I said there is no way a normal human being could make that happen by himself without help from his buddies (recreational pharmaceuticals).

My buddy sez the 2 things a professional truck operator cannot carry in his rig is drugs and firearms. Getting caught with contraband would mean he would forfeit the truck, forfeit his Commercial Drivers License, get immediate jail-time and then have to deal with the Feds.

Then he shared his way to cope with fatigue. WalMart sells a 5-hour energy drink called Redline - It's Cheap - $9.00 a 4 pack! My buddy likes the Grape flavored the best.

My buddy sez he carries a couple 4-packs of these drinks in his truck all the time. When he starts a trip, he will wait until he is 30 minutes into the pull. If he is alert after the 30 minutes, he knows he doesn't need the 4 ounce shot of Redline. If he is fighting fatigue 30 minutes into the pull, he'll take a single 4 ounce shot of Redline and he is alert for 5 hours. He sez unlike all the other very expensive energy drinks he has tried, with Redline he experiences no jitters, no shaking, no fighting sleep - he's just awake. And when it's time to sleep, he sleeps.

My friend sez Redline is the only buddy he needs to help him out on those tuff trips and recommends it highly to everyone traveling on the highways that's fighting fatigue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; January 22nd, 2011 at 04:36 AM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Traveling With Your Buddies

that's some good info Wing for all those long OT hours I like to work....or used to work????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

I have a friend who is an ex-Level 3 locator. He is now responsible for the Time Warner fiber network of 2 states. He's a big guy (6' 3" @ 325 lbs+) who likes his beer. For many years he drank 2 six packs every night after work.

A couple years ago he got the urge to loose some weight. He thought some over-the-counter diet pills washed down with only 1 six pack a night should drop his weight quickly. This made a lot of sense to him at the time.......

A couple months later he walked into a hospital Emergency Medical Care Center thinking he was experiencing a heart attack. The tests revealed one half of his heart was beating faster than the other half. The beer & diet pill cocktails was blamed for the erratic heartbeat. He was scared enough to quit the beer & diet pills cold turkey.

Three weeks later he was laying on a gurney in a hospital surgery room for a pre-planned defibrillator jump start. It was performed in the hospital surgery room just in case his heart stopped after the trigger was pulled on the paddles. The heart shock treatment worked to return his heart to a normal heartbeat.

Okay, so here is the point of my story. A couple of months ago, my Time Warner buddy told me one of his splicers pulled a 60 hour shift. 60 hours of work with no time off and wearing the same clothes! Once he got home he asked wife for some asprin because he wasn't feeling good. After he took the asprin, he told his wife to take him to the hospital because he was really hurtin' bad.

Once he got to the hospital, the splicer told his wife, "The asprin is working. Let's go home."

His wife said, "Let's go inside to see what's wrong."

The splicer said, "No! I'm just tired. Take me home."

He died on the way back home......

My buddy said the 47 year old splicer told a fellow employee at the job sight, "It took 30 Red Bulls to keep me going." True story.

Now we all know what it takes to "knock your dick in the dirt" and what it takes to kill ya!

-----------------------------------------------

this is info from this webpage concerning this drink http://www.nuvalife.com/p14198/VPX-S...oz-4-Pack.html

Directions
    Shake well prior to use. Always begin use with 1/2 can (4oz.) of REDLINE RTD daily to assess tolerance. Never exceed more than two cans daily or more than one can in a four-hour period. Do not consume REDLINE RTD on an empty stomach. Consuming REDLINE RTD on an empty stomach may cause nausea. For best results, consume five to six servings of various high grade protein such as Zero Impact Meal Replacement Bar and Zero Impact MRP as part of your daily diet

WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. Consult a physician or licensed qualified health care professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of, heart disease, thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression or other psychiatric condition, glaucoma, difficulty in urinating, prostate enlargement, or seizure disorder, or if you are using a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine (ingredients found in certain allergy, asthma, cough or cold, and weight control products). Do not exceed recommended serving. Exceeding recommended serving may cause adverse health effects. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health care professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headache, shortness of breath, or other similar symptoms. Individuals who are sensitive to the effects of caffeine or have a medical condition should consult a licensed health care professional before consuming this product. Do not use this product if you are more than 15 pounds over weight. The consumer assumes total liability if this product is used in a manner inconsistent with label guidelines. Do not use for weight reduction. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not consume synephrine or caffeine from other sources, including but not limited to, coffee, tea, soda and other dietary supplements or medications containing phenylephrine or caffeine. Do not use for more than 8 weeks. Use of this product may cause your skin to be extra sensitive to UV sources, such as artificial or natural sunlight. Avoid excessive exposures from these sources. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery.

The consumer assumes total liability if this product is used in a manner inconsistent with label guidelines. Do not use for weight reduction. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do not consume synepherine or caffeine from other sources, including but not limited to, coffee, tea, soda and other dietary supplements or medications containing phenylephrine or caffeine. Do not use for more than 8 weeks. Use of this product may cause your skin to be extra sensitive to UV sources, such as artificial or natural sunlight. Avoid excessive exposures from these sources. Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery

I especially like how the can and packaging has labeling indicating that it is a "fat incinerator" but the disclaimer says not to be used to help you lose weight.
    "You can never trust AT&T to do the intelligent thing..." - SM&P Lead Tech

Banned

Daffiness is really dangerous for health . Though it relaxes our muscles but it got really bad side effects . Which will appear some time .
    There must be restriction in the amount of caffeine that they use in energy drinks . They really are harmful .

Years of Experience

------------------------------------------------------------