Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Are you applying for a locator job???

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are you applying for a locator job???

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    It wasn't USIC 1 was it??? Can you imagine a Forum managed by him ?
    No... It wasn't USIC1. I wish he would come back. He added a bit of spice to the recipe. I'm over the racist accusation he made.

I did get an open offer from JusticeForLocators a while back. If I remember correctly it was in a post with some other comments so it got deleted.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    30+

Was not USIC 1 and Justice one in the same?

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    Was not USIC 1 and Justice one in the same?
    I thought they were different people. The Sic1 was just plain nutty while Justice was pure Evil !!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Don't ever sell out.. this is a great site to blow off steam and learn a few things.. I always recommend it to all the new locators

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

USIC1 was a different person from JFL. Some of the others on here knew him personally.

I plan on holding on to this site for a while. I appreciate your spreading the word about it.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

How could you get fired for visiting this site? Why would'nt your union steward fight for your personal right to view and speak your mind? Oh that's right you scabs have no group voice or solidarity to stand up against the man. Good luck mothers.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by peakfreak View Post
    How could you get fired for visiting this site? Why would'nt your union steward fight for your personal right to view and speak your mind? Oh that's right you scabs have no group voice or solidarity to stand up against the man. Good luck mothers.
    Scab?? Mothers?? What's your problem? Do you really think unions can do anything anymore?
    Is this guy a familiarly old delusional idiot, or is that just me?

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'd imagine we are being visited by an old banned memeber......, not sure which one, but I'm confident we've seen him before under a different name. Just ignore the union trolls, eventually they go away.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Funny how EVERY USIC locator I come across in the field begs me to get them a job with a real utilty to make the great wages and benefits that we have earned through blood, sweat and tears. They all complain about wages, working conditions, supervisors, equipment, work load, etc. We could not be happier here. The entire contracting out of this job has ruined the locating industry. You can attempt to be pleased and think unions are a free loaders paradise, but just take a hard look at virtually every post on this site. Piss, moan, complain but nothing can be done because of no organization. Wise up, re-group and solidify. If not stop the whining. "There is no crying in locating."

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

So, Let me get this right. Union guys don't Piss and Moan about their working conditions? You spread all the cheer you want about how rosey working for a Union is, i'm pretty sure there is members here that want to hear stories of puppy dog tails and butterfly wings, but make sure you tell the whole story.

When it comes down to it, the unions won't save the industry. The Industry is where it is strictly due to the corprate cookie cutter treatment of the contract companies. No Union is going to be able to come in and pull the companies out of this dispair single handedly. If anything your precious Utility is causing this atmosphere in the locating industry. There would be no reason for contracting out locates if there wasn't a need from the utilities to do so. They do this for a few reasons, one of which is to limit the cost of operations. this includes manhours, equipment, benefites, and all the other hidden costs. I think before you cast your oppinons on people who work harder for less pay, maybe you should lay blame on yourself and the utilities that you represent.

When is the last time you went to a State Forum on One-call Laws and the review process?

Just a thought.

Years of Experience

Unions are constantly failing people I personally know[Dad, Brother, cousins, friends]. I believe it is an industry consensus that the only thing that will change conditions for the Locate Tech is a national standard akin to plumber/electrician standards[apprentice, journeyman, master].

It's pretty ridiculous that the girl responsible for waxing eyebrows is licensed, but locators who are responsible for 115 kv lines and 30 inch high pressure gas lines are not.

By the way I locate for a municipality. I get better benefits than union crews. I don't pay unreasonable union dues. Our company pays on performance, not who has been able to fly under the radar the longest. Unions get laughed out when they are dumb enough to try to organize.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by headcipher View Post
    It's pretty ridiculous that the girl responsible for waxing eyebrows is licensed, but locators who are responsible for 115 kv lines and 30 inch high pressure gas lines are not.
    That is it in a nutshell friend. And my hat's off to anyone who takes protecting these facilities seriiously enough to sweat the details. We know what you go through to do it.

wait....you get a half rack of beer too?...........

If you 'DO' end up selling it to 'JFL' Steve, let me know a little ahead of time so I can delete everything of mine on here. Pretty sure that I would be one of the FIRST to get thrown off this site. Along with Findit, RD Wrangler and a few others.....................lol!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know whats going on with locatorjobs.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast