Thread: Wife's New 2008 Flourescent Orange Chevy

Default Wife's New 2008 Flourescent Orange Chevy

Well today was a bad day. My wife just got a new 08' Chevy Cobalt. Its still so new it does not have a tag yet. Well, she came home for lunch and all was good. Earlier I had set out a half of case of empty orange paint cans beside the driveway...or so I thought. There was a few full cans in there that I had forgotten about. As she began to leave, XM radio blaring, I heard and saw paint cans (with orange afterburners kicked in) going everywhere!!! Her shinny new midnight blue Cobalt looked like it had just been in an orange rain storm! I could hear her cussing me before she even got the door open.

I spent the next 2 hours at the carwash scrubbing, washing, and waxing the tiny orange dots off of her car. But here's the bright side to this story...I found the best paint remover made I believe. Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover!!!

Sorry no pics but she wouldn't let me take any!

Default Re: Wife's New 2008 Flourescent Orange Chevy

That is good to know... do you think it will take off dried on paint from the bed of the truck.. and/or off a transmitter? I had an extra can of yellow paint in my bag... and somehow sprayed it on the transmitter... would like to clean equipment & truck up this weekend!

I'd give it a shot!

Years of Experience

Maybe you should have got the back-up camera on the new Cobalt.

Glad to hear you were able to get all the paint off. Did it get all over the undercarriage also? I'd have to imagine that would be just about impossible to get off.

I did the same thing with my wifes brand new car a couple years ago. A red car with an entire case of yellow paint. The undercarriage is still yellow.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience
    na

I think you all need to come clean on wasting half emptys...Nobody wants to waste time knowing they may run out of paint in mid locate...

ITS CLASSIC

And its the real reason they were set out for trash pickup and these incidents occured...

That stuff works pretty good on equipment as well... need to let it sit a while and use one of those plastic scrubbies... but it does take the paint off and doesn't damage the equipment. Spent most of the afternoon cleaning truck & equipment... will look good for a few hours on Monday!

Years of Experience
    All of them

Had an incident at a previous company hauling paint. The tailgate came open and red paint fell on the road behind. Several cars ran over the cans causing them to spray all over. Needless to say, company had to pay for several detail jobs.

Years of Experience

i was tapping my blue paint can on the back bumper of my truck (work) trying to get the little ball going inside the paint can.........bottom of the can exploded and blue paint went everywhere .........the good thing was i was talking to my boss on the phone and he heard the whole thing.......bad thing is the blue paint is still on the back of my truck and bumper....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    30+

I have learned not to use the bumper, street sign, pole OR the concrete. I have had bad experiences with all of them. So now I use my truck tires.

Years of Experience

At least you use water based paint the gas company here uses solvent based paint try getting that off

Years of Experience
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    i was tapping my blue paint can on the back bumper of my truck (work) trying to get the little ball going inside the paint can.........bottom of the can exploded and blue paint went everywhere .........the good thing was i was talking to my boss on the phone and he heard the whole thing.......bad thing is the blue paint is still on the back of my truck and bumper....
    Ugh, the EXACT same thing happened to me many years ago, with a co-worker who had just gotten a new truck. Said truck was pristine, and he was so happy not to be driving the old jalopy w/o a/c. Needless to say, a white truck with a big red mark sprayed across the tailgate made it stick out like Clark Griswold's station wagon in National Lampoon's Vacation!
    Last edited by wet_boots101; August 11th, 2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: tweaked text
    "Aye, verily hath I spoken." - Thor, god of thunder