Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where are you working?

Default Re: Where are you working?

Quote Originally Posted by South Kansas View Post
    I work in south Kansas. And i love it. don't do anything and get paid, i will be here for ever
    I think you missed a spot on your window.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LocateLady View Post
    I work here in the sunny South but have a question for those of you in colder climes. Do you only get to work part of the year? What do you do in the depths of winter? We have construction year round and I worry about those locaters in colder climes. Do you have to have a winter job too?

I work in Alberta, Canada. In the winter we pretty much maintain a 50% crew the rest have either quit or been laid off. Our Summer staffing is about 50 ideally. But in three years I have only seen once where we were fully staffed for summer...and that was for a brief period. But I digress.

Winters here get no colder than North Eastern U.S. areas but generally we get substantially less snow and NO humidity. Average temp is about minus 20 Celcius. I think last winter we had a few colder days (-40C which is the same as -40F) but we had MANY more days that were above zero than we used to. That's the great part of global warming where I live, the winters are warmer.

Generally, I work half days and take quite a bit of time off to take courses, travel, eat/get fat, etc.

I have grown up here so from my perspective it is a heck of a lot warmer now than, say, in the 1970's....
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

yep thanks for the help. south kansas

Years of Experience

Default Re: where are you workin??

Quote Originally Posted by swagman View Post
    Started in 1989 in Kent, Wa. 1st job out of the "corps". Best job in the world when its busy! I love the adventure everyday.
    Hey swag - I have been using Old Spice products for years. I was restocking my deodorant supplies and eyeballed this new item:

I'm using this stuff now. It smells good and is GREAT for killing stink! And I love the name - swagger.......... As soon as I spotted the swagger, I thought of you. What's up with that?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234