Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are you working?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    SE Wisconsin here. Have never located anywhere else. I think I'm stuck here for eternity.
    My buddies from Wisconsin tell me when the first snow falls in November, it stays until it melts in late Spring. WoW!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    My buddies from Wisconsin tell me when the first snow falls in November, it stays until it melts in late Spring. WoW!
    It's like that here too. I already miss locating in that $#!t.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

South Kansas

I work in south Kansas. And i love it. don't do anything and get paid, i will be here for ever

Quote Originally Posted by JKlien View Post
    I work in south Kansas. And i love it. don't do anything and get paid, i will be here for ever
    Now wait a minute, in another thread you were complaining about having to help out your fellow locators. Which is it - no work or too much work?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Default Any where they will pay me.

New York, New Jersey, PA, Washington, Florida, Illinois

South Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Now wait a minute, in another thread you were complaining about having to help out your fellow locators. Which is it - no work or too much work?
    I just work in my area only. I put in around 8 to 9 hours a day. If I dont have enough tickets then I Just add about 20 minutes of extra drive time between tickets to get my hours and then go home. Screw the rest of the crew. Been doing it for months and it must work because no one has said anything yet

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Not Working

Currently looking for work in the Tampa Florida area.

I believe that is CLS territory.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JKlien View Post
    I just work in my area only. I put in around 8 to 9 hours a day. If I dont have enough tickets then I Just add about 20 minutes of extra drive time between tickets to get my hours and then go home. Screw the rest of the crew. Been doing it for months and it must work because no one has said anything yet
    Damn! What is up your ass? I am glad your not on my crew. You are not a team player.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

The S.W. quadrant of the city I live in plus some of the rural areas.
    The city is growing at a terrific pace so have tons of new projects on the go, new utilities being put in old ones taken out.
    Locate 6 utilities in these areas.

Keeps me busy and out of trouble.
    And, every day there is a new surprise (no snakes or gators) just new stuff in the ground that I have no prints for and nothing on the computer. So, lots of days I go on a seek and destroy OOPS, I mean seek and find mission.
    Last edited by underground quester; May 23rd, 2008 at 07:27 PM.

Years of Experience
    30+

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RoadMap View Post
    I believe that is CLS territory.
    I was with CLS as a Field Supervisor.

started traning in louisville Ky. jan.08 / might make it to the 6 month mark had a nub for a trainer had to tell him how to run the class yea yea who else could i be

I think it is industry wide on prints. They put them in faster than their computers can draw them. At least that is what they are telling us. I think it is the engineers who are lazy and don't care about the field workers who need them. Including their own employee's. You don't even have to have a degree let alone one in engineering to be one at ATT. Go figure.

Years of Experience

Default Where are you working?

I started this adventure in Md, then worked in Va, Fl (for a help out mission), NC and then back in Va now....of all the places I located in Md is the best. Everything (mostly) is joint trench and you actually have prints that are worth a damn!!

I gave been all over the United states, LA, TX, MS, Washington, Deleware. too many to mention. everyone of thise places I had to locate different things and each one was a new challenge. The neatest place I located was at Dover airforce base. We did a job where we had to locate and expose jet fuel lines. You knew you were on them when you started digging because of the smell. Also got to see pilots take off and land the presidents plane over and over. The people on the base said it was for them to keep their hours up to keep their pilot lic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast