Thread: Where was Aisha Khan?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Where was Aisha Khan?

Have you heard this story?

OVERLAND PARK, Kan.—
    A 19-year-old woman reported missing from the University of Kansas's Overland Park campus last week has been found safe, and police say she was never abducted.

Overland Park police released a statement late Wednesday saying officials spoke with Aisha Khan and verified her identity, safety and that she'd never been taken or held against her will.

No details were released about where Kahn is now or where she'd been since she was reported missing Friday. A police spokesman says no charges will be filed, but declined further comment.

Police had been looking for the Olathe woman since she left her sister a voicemail saying she'd slapped a man who tried to kiss her. When the sister drove to get her, she found only Khan's book bag and cellphone.
    I saw this on the news this morning and the report was odd. They said she was found but left the question of where she was found and why she was gone for so long, unanswered. Then they moved on to the next story.

WOW. Just like that? Gone for 6 days, massive search involving 60 law enforcement officers and nothing more is being said?

She left a message on her sisters phone saying she had been harassed and then left her phone, books, and bag at the park where she said she had been harassed. That sounds like a set-up to me.

My question is this? Why the silence? Remember the "Runaway Bride"? She was gone for about a week and the press was all over that and wouldn't let it go. I looked around the internet thinking I would see at least one "random act of journalism" but found none.

Something about this story stinks, real bad.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Where was Aisha Khan?

Steve, she R-U-N-N-O-F-T
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

Default Re: Where was Aisha Khan?

"It's still classified as a missing person and that hasn't changed since day one," Overland Park police spokeswoman Michelle Koos told ABCNews.com. "But we have dedicated our resources as though it's the worst-case scenario."

Koos would not comment on if police are considering that the situation could be staged, saying only that police are "looking at all different angles."

Investigators are looking for clues in Khan's personal life, including her cell phone, iPod Touch and social media accounts.

Some have questioned whether her devoutly Muslim family may have arranged her marriage of five months to Waseem Khan against her will. In Sharia law, the father, or in some cases the paternal grandfather, may choose a suitable partner for a virgin girl.

But those close to Khan refuse to believe she could have taken off without warning.

--------------------------------------------------------------