Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will USIC learn? Corruption in Louisiana.

Default When will USIC learn? Corruption in Louisiana.

Credible rumors suggest a recently fired locator in Louisiana managed to get off an email that incriminated the entire state management team in foul play. From what I understand the sups and the district managers in certain areas were involved with taking HUNDREDS (possibly thousands) of tickets from techs in other regions of the state and divvying them up between a selected few to jack up production numbers for their own crews. Now we've all seen a few tickets here and there getting taken from our areas but from what I was told this went WAY beyond that. Entire crews were sent home early for months on end while just a handful were banging out tickets left and right even though they were nowhere near the cities they were closing out tickets for. I've been in this game for a LONG time and I have never heard of anything this bad. I worked with USIC for 6 years all over the country and it's been my experience that they SERIOUSLY need to do some housecleaning. After I heard about this I don't think that there's any question about it anymore. When I say "rumor" I know for a fact that it happened I just don't know all the details. What I DO know is disturbing. At what point will USIC begin to see that they have implemented so much junk into their system that it's pretty much impossible to keep stuff like this from happening? The system is so stacked against the people in the field that they have no real recourse to fight back even though it's the men and women in the field who make them their money. USIC has some great employees in a lot of areas and as a business they do well by their people in quite a few places. But with that said my overall experience is that they do very little to take care of the people on the low end of the totem pole. I'm really curious to see how this plays out and was curious to know if any of you guys have heard anything about this or anything like it. At some point USIC has got to see that their profit comes almost entirely from the folks in the field. Hiring yes men and placing them in management positions will just about ALWAYS result in this sort of thing. When the guys at the top are taught to do nothing but go after the field techs and they're given so much power to do it then it's inevitable that they start abusing the system that's in place AND the field techs that are under them. When will USIC learn?

Years of Experience

Default Re: When will USIC learn? Corruption in Louisiana.

nothing has changed here ..... thanks for the insight !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

come on yahoo I can tell how broken hearted you are that somebody took some of your tickets and only left you 60 or 70!!

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    nothing has changed here ..... thanks for the insight !
    I wouldnt hold my breath for any change either. USIC is if nothing else consistent at staying the course, especially when its in the wrong direction. I would be really shocked if it changed anything about the way they do business.

Years of Experience

The LA incident has only made things worse for the guys in the field. Despite steady ticket volume and losing two locator positions (they left in late 2012 and have not been replaced), the idiots in Indiana have cut hours and removed some features to the ticket management system. The "middle" management guys don't have the balls to stand up to the B.S. coming out of Indiana.

I'm sure other "changes" are coming..................it's only a matter of time before some idiot, bean counter in IN determines that paint and flags are no longer needed by locators in the field when a simple locate manifest nailed to a tree will do.

So far in 2013, I have seen PTO cut in 1/2, weekly hours cut by 8%, and the ticket management system cut down to nothing more than a simple time tracking program. USIC is about to lose a lot of good locators, either by them leaving or by making them so angry and indifferent that they no longer care about the quality of work they do. Ultimately, another company will take over the contracts that USIC seems so eager to lose and this cycle will begin again.....................I can't wait!

Years of Experience

appreciate that GREAT laugh Orange.....i needed that after the day I had !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    come on yahoo I can tell how broken hearted you are that somebody took some of your tickets and only left you 60 or 70!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

yes ...that is what I meant ...thanks for the clarity . ... Scandals have happened here in our state with all contracts and their companies since I have been doing this . And well.....sometimes one person may get fired or demoted or sometimes nothing at all and business seems to be ......well ,business as usual ! the scandals won't stop and neither will the consequences of those actions. It seems upper management doesn't care nor the people at the bottom of the totem pole . It aggravates me that people would steal my easy tickets and is a slap in the face to me personally ! But, I will continue to work around those people as they come and go ! You people that steal tickets ....stay out of my way while I am soaking up all (your) this high OT .........heehee !!!!!

I am still just absolutely shocked that this could even happen in such a well managed company! Here in Illinois, it was absolutely fantastic working for the(man), I mean them..............I guess that's why I left! Hee Hee

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    appreciate that GREAT laugh Orange.....i needed that after the day I had !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

WHAT DAY U HAD !?!?! U just cant stand my Ravens coming to town can you ???

Years of Experience

no no ........I'm not hating the ravens.....whether it's the dirty birds or your dirty birds ....we always need some fresh bird kill in our covered dome here in New Orleans......heehee!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UTILQ1 View Post
    WHAT DAY U HAD !?!?! U just cant stand my Ravens coming to town can you ???

Years of Experience
    na

I hope to hec your not the cause of this sorry incident...

Geez !!! I say New orleans is done for Super Bowls... Its pathetic they (Superdome management and Nfl ) dont have genrators with frikin all the money sloshing around for back up!!!!

Years of Experience
    15+

i would say they do that in every office. they would take clear tickets from my friend all the time just to boost slower locators prodution, then he would get yelled at for taking to much time on the crap locates from hell he was left with

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I hope to hec your not the cause of this sorry incident...

Geez !!! I say New orleans is done for Super Bowls... Its pathetic they (Superdome management and Nfl ) dont have genrators with frikin all the money sloshing around for back up!!!!
    2018 superbowl will be in New Orleans. That's right. I said it. The NFL loves the Superbowl in New Orleans.That's why the city has hosted more than any other city. Add the fact that 2018 is New Orleans 300th birthday, there isn't any doubt. Call Vegas. Bet your PTO!

Years of Experience

My area just had a new company come in and take two utilities. The people who threaten to quit got raises while the others who sat back with their mouth shut got nothing. I'm one that sat back and I'm now making the least in my entire crew and been here for 9 years.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by usic82 View Post
    my area just had a new company come in and take two utilities. The people who threaten to quit got raises while the others who sat back with their mouth shut got nothing. I'm one that sat back and i'm now making the least in my entire crew and been here for 9 years.

i am not surprised. And the ones that cried about quitting were probably the lazy bastards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast