Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 33 of 33
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: what's the most complex locate you've ever done?

  1. #31
    Senior Member Dave72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: what's the most complex locate you've ever done?

    Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    You know the typical 10% of the locate where the work will be performed and the other 90% the scope of the ticket calls for and we waste our time on...
    We force a 'meet' with the contractor/etc.. and if they are willing to more precisely define the area of concern, then we just spray that and mark it clearly on the sketch 'Limit of Locate'. They cant dig outside of that. Sure helps with some Ive seen where the original ticket call says like 100ft each way from X and that would involve all kinds of other crap that isnt necessary.
    (May you live in interesting times)

  2. #32
    Senior Member underground quester's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    924
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: what's the most complex locate you've ever done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    We force a 'meet' with the contractor/etc.. and if they are willing to more precisely define the area of concern, then we just spray that and mark it clearly on the sketch 'Limit of Locate'. They cant dig outside of that. Sure helps with some Ive seen where the original ticket call says like 100ft each way from X and that would involve all kinds of other crap that isnt necessary.
    Dave:

    That's exactly how we do it here as well...
    tjfante likes this.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

  3. #33
    Senior Member headcipher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    328
    Years of Experience
    14
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: what's the most complex locate you've ever done?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    We force a 'meet' with the contractor/etc.. and if they are willing to more precisely define the area of concern, then we just spray that and mark it clearly on the sketch 'Limit of Locate'. They cant dig outside of that. Sure helps with some Ive seen where the original ticket call says like 100ft each way from X and that would involve all kinds of other crap that isnt necessary.
    do you make the contractor sign the ticket? We've had big problems with contractors contesting locates where we changed the dig area per thier instructions, then they go out of that and hit something and blame it on us. It's gotten to the point that we even have made extended job contracts to make sure to C.Y.A.

    If only all contractors had to pay for locates....

    Yeah, that's got a snowballs chance...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •