Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ProfessionalLocator

Thread: whats the latest with Heath in Dallas?

Years of Experience
    too many

Default whats the latest with Heath in Dallas?

Any word on how they are doing with all there trainees/locators in the Dfw area Are they out scoping the area yet ?
    Hope they have fun with the Atmos !

Years of Experience

Default Re: whats the latest with Heath in Dallas?

Just curious....Why does it seem that everyone hates Atmos.
    Are they that difficult to deal with or does the system just suck to Locate?

Years of Experience

suck to locate and higher liability !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

In Dallas, UQ had a permanent trouble locator and vac crew running with 100-200 tickets each for all the problem tickets (not including sups taking some). I ran into a repair crew who thought I was a locate god cause I was able to get signal on a routine house ticket, and they admitted their techs can never get signal and they just dig around till they find lines a lot. I never heard of Atmos ever coming to help for anything.

They've been sued many times for homes exploding from leaks...so you see how much they take care of their plant?

I've located close to a dozen different companies and Atmos was, by far, the hardest and biggest pain in the you-know-what. Good luck Heath...you'll need it

Years of Experience

Thought I'd try checking in to see how Heath is doing now. Saw they put 5 of 6 job postings up around DFW. Starting pay 12.50/hr....i imagine they got some high turnover when guys realized 12.50 wasn't enough to mess with that headache. Are the ticket loads especially high in DFW?

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mattm211 View Post
    Thought I'd try checking in to see how Heath is doing now. Saw they put 5 of 6 job postings up around DFW. Starting pay 12.50/hr....i imagine they got some high turnover when guys realized 12.50 wasn't enough to mess with that headache. Are the ticket loads especially high in DFW?
    $12.50 an hour has different values depending on the cost of living for those areas. I can tell you this, you only get what you pay for.

You can develop people into pretty good locators but that is limited by the quality that initial start pay brings in. Pay for a BB gun and you will likely never develop a .44 Magnum.

I asked a locator to pick up a ticket or two from another locator who was running heavy. He asked which area. I said the the next area on the East side of yours. He said he did not know where that was. Did not know which way was east. Most of these guys will never be more ability than what initial start pay attracts.
    superman likes this.