Thread: What kind(name brand) Batteries of do you use for your RECEIVER & TRANSMITTERS

Question What kind(name brand) Batteries of do you use for your RECEIVER & TRANSMITTERS

I bought Tenergy 4 years ago ,they last long and so does the charge.Im still using the same batteries after 4 years ,the D batteries takes 3 hours to charge C batteries take 2 hours..great batteries
    LIVE, Learn, Teach

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: What kind(name brand) Batteries of do you use for your RECEIVER & TRANSMITTERS

Quote Originally Posted by radiotechfios View Post
    I bought Tenergy 4 years ago ,they last long and so does the charge.Im still using the same batteries after 4 years ,the D batteries takes 3 hours to charge C batteries take 2 hours..great batteries

You using the ni-cad or ni-mh? I think all ni-mh batteries lose 10% of their charge daily.

I also know a good brand name is important. I got some to use in the digital camera which was eating batties like candy. I had two sets, one in the camera and one freshly charged and ready. They were some off brand carried by WalMart. They soon did not keep a charge as long. Worse yet I had the rundown batteries swapped out and the run down ones were recharging. I smelled something burning and they were hot and the outsize of them had started to bubble up. Had I been out of the truck for a long locate they could have set the truck on fire.

I threw all them away and used a brand name. Wasn't the Tenergy but sure was no off brand name. Something like EverReady.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What kind(name brand) Batteries of do you use for your RECEIVER & TRANSMITTERS

Duracell Procell
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Going on 4 years with these batteries and still work great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4c4d.jpg  
    LIVE, Learn, Teach

I use to buy Durecell Procell but after buying 3 boxes from Grainger (AA, C and D) EVERY ONE OF THEM WERE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

I know one batch of bad cells shouldn't ruin it forever but they did. Of course the switch out happened on the job when I found out. Half hour figuring it out and another half looking for a place to buy NEW BATTERIES!!!!!!

Energizer now. Never have had a problem since. Oh and I will NEVER buy from Grainger again.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

We order ours thru Staples
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Last edited by sling'n paint; March 5th, 2010 at 08:47 PM.

Years of Experience

We've always used Procell. An instrument guy once told me that consumer grade batteries (Duracell, Energizer etc) are designed to do what their commercials say they do - last forever. The problem is, that we use instrumentation that requires a consistent power supply to remain accurate.

Consumer grade batteries, as they are wearing down, will make my locators act a little wonky. It's happened to all of us where the battery indicator says you still have plenty of juice, but your signal is horrible, so you get frustrated. Change to freshies and it works well again.

Industrial batteries (Procell, Energizer Industrial) will work consistently and then, all of a sudden, the indicator goes from full battery to low no battery. One minute they work and the next they don't.

Some may say bullshit, but that's my experience.

Tenergy ..4years charging the same batteries..i said the same..paid 50 dollars for 8 d Tenergy batteries and the same 8 are still going strong after 4 years..ive saved alot of money with this batteries. How long does the procell last? are they rechargable?
    LIVE, Learn, Teach

Years of Experience

Procell are disposable and they don't last particularily long. They work well, though. I have never had good luck with rechargeables (maybe because of our cold), with the exception of the RD 4000 batteries. They were only available for a while, and they were expensive ($1200 a set rings a bell), but they really worked well.

Tenergy, eh? I'm going to look into that....

Duracell Procells for me.
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.