Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is a good pay scale for a Locator.

Default Re: What is a good pay scale for a Locator.

I will. I just know the work I do is worth 20.00 an hour, which is basically what a guy can get at other places (actually 19.50 but requires 1 and 1/2 years of experience with a good record at the job), to earn 15 an hour it's going to take probably a year here at UQ, I just wish they'd at least raise the pay, or give us benefits for no damages over periods of time, to increase the incentive to take more pride in our work rather than freak out about production.

Of course when you get a raise, you get evaluated...I'm up for evaluation in a month and a half, we'll see what happens. Just gonna bust ass, do the best I can do, and hope they give me at least a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Is that powersweep so you can claim 2 frequencys on your HP records or do you hook up at 2 different locations or pot hole EVERY HP as your by the book locating calls for???

Just curious...

I rarely run into by the book locators...Maybe the newbs for a couple weeks til the heats turned up on there productivity...Or a homeowner calls the office when they dig a giant hole in the front yard spotting an HP for a cable tv drop ticket...hee hee hee!!!

Maybe you just claim single hook ups and some power sweeping???

And PS every electric primary is HP so thats an awful lot of hookin or pot holin to meet the book standards and production quotas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGosYIlXdmU

Well i guess first off i have no HP records to keep nor do i ever have to pothole.The company i work for has use for neither.I am required to use 60 cycle as a safety sweep at the end of my locate.I abide by my company's rules cause thats what i get paid to do.I'm always amazed when a locator has pride in taking short cuts.Its not about how fast you are or how much more production you have when compared to us "by the book" locators.Its about safety for the people actually digging and has nothing to do with you or me.I just went to an emergency last week where the other locate company chose to hook up to only power and straight line the gas line because it was joint trench.The gas line was cut and was an at fault damage.I see this over and over,and for what,Production?God i hope when someone in my family needs to dig and calls, that they get a "by the book" locator.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    it definetly sounds real good but...............that would not ever happen....
    Oh i know but hey one can dream

When you feel like your not appreciated move on.
    I'm not proud of it but I've been fired from three companies because of not getting paid what I was worth.
    Guess what?
    Each time I went to work for another company making more money and with better equipment and cross-training.
    From my point of view -what you were making last year is not enough this year because of inflation and no employer is going to keep up with that when their costs are rising.
    Learn everything you can and when you stop learning, training, growing, go somewhere that you can learn more like S.U.E.
    I say whatever you are making now, you should make two dollars an hour more next year and the year after that if you are growing and getting better.
    Your employer is definitely making more off of you or you are working for the wrong employer.
    There really is no maximum.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234