Thread: what a bunch of S***

Years of Experience

Default what a bunch of S***

Utility Locate Technician - Aspen - new
    USIC - Aspen, CO - 100+ locations
    Our 48 hour turnaround time on all locates means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.... $15 - $17 an hour. i copy and pasted this off a job board. this is crap. where i am at these ass mongalers start ppl at 13/hr but in marijuana country you start at 15-17 WTF they should have a standard. but then again it is USIC i am talking about here.

Years of Experience

Default Re: what a bunch of S***

start out pay is 15-17 ???? that is unheard of !!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    20+

Quote Originally Posted by union_YES View Post
    Utility Locate Technician - Aspen - new
    USIC - Aspen, CO - 100+ locations
    Our 48 hour turnaround time on all locates means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.... $15 - $17 an hour. i copy and pasted this off a job board. this is crap. where i am at these ass mongalers start ppl at 13/hr but in marijuana country you start at 15-17 WTF they should have a standard. but then again it is USIC i am talking about here.
    Some cities have a higher living cost than others,and those places tend to have a higher minimum wage.It all balances out in the end.You might get a higher pay,but the living cost eats the extra up.Some places like boston and maine you might pay 300k for a old 1,500sq ft home,but in some southern states that same size house brand new might cost 110k .

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yaherdme22 View Post
    Some cities have a higher living cost than others,and those places tend to have a higher minimum wage.It all balances out in the end.You might get a higher pay,but the living cost eats the extra up.Some places like boston and maine you might pay 300k for a old 1,500sq ft home,but in some southern states that same size house brand new might cost 110k .
    True, but many of our locate firms use the old Denney's pay system, same pay rate accross the country.

Years ago the Denny's resturant chain was sued for poor service to non-white customers. Having eaten there I can attest to the same poor service being given everyone regardless of race. Sat down and ordered grits and toast. A few minutes later the table next to me filled up with five people and they got their entire order before mine was brought out, in fact they were through eating when mine arrived. Mine could not be eaten as a heavy layer of butter, which was not part of the order, floated in the bowl of grits.

The cause of Denny's problems was all their employees got the same pay rates regardless of the local cost of living and the pay rate was based on the lower cost of living at the central office. So in high cost of living areas they got the employees no one else would hire. In the Denny's close to me the young girl working the counter was high on meth all the time, it was all they could get on the pay they offered. God only knows what it was like behind the kitchen doors.

Any locate firm offering higher wages in a higher cost of living area is working smart.

J2H
    Years of Experience

I got quoted 13.50 an hour plus overtime for over 40 hrs

Years of Experience

$13 an hour in a mountain resort town is not worth it. When I lived up in the Vail and Steamboat Springs areas you could flip burgers starting at $13, that was 12 years ago.

Cost of living is way higher there, expect gas to cost 1-1.50 more than the rest of the state and rent to be ridiculous unless you are commuting 30-40 miles.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Watch out for the DOE. Typically all job postings will put in there "DOE". so I can legally post a yearly salary of 100k, and when I offer you 24K I can state that your experience didn't fit exactly what we were looking for in a perfect canidate.

Just saying

Mke