Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: We Energies contracts awarded

Talking Re: We Energies contracts awarded

Locate This "USIC will always be the best and strongest company"

Now that is funny
    "BOHICA" Bend Over Here It Comes Agin

Default Re: We Energies contracts awarded

I hear that Unibar is hiring all of our former employees. That is great. Hey Unibar, if you don't want the contract, just let us know. You don't have to go hiring our old friends that had so many damages, they lost their jobs! But hey, congrats on getting the contract, really. No matter how long you have it for. I love seeing a new company come in with no idea what they are in for. USIC did one hell of a job for WE-Energies, and they (WE) want to play games and go to some company that is best known for their janitorial services?? This is one mess not even you can clean up Unibar! See you in the field.

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

[QUOTE=Oldtimer;21618]For such a picky/needy company it is amazing that you would grab the lowest bids for a contract.

I have worked for SM&P for over 11 years and have located WE-Energies for the last 5 years. We have bent over backwards for you and given you close or above a 1:5000 damage ratio.

[QUOTE=locatin'4Alivin;22524]I hear that Unibar is hiring all of our former employees. That is great. Hey Unibar, if you don't want the contract, just let us know. You don't have to go hiring our old friends that had so many damages, they lost their jobs! But hey, congrats on getting the contract, really. No matter how long you have it for. I love seeing a new company come in with no idea what they are in for. USIC did one hell of a job for WE-Energies,

wow, 1 / 5000 is one hell of a job ???? glad USIC didnt set the bar too high for quality.. somebody is drinking the USIC kool aid,

Mr810, yes, we did do One hell of a job for them. we did more than just 1 in 5000, we picked up for them every time another locating company failed, which I am sure will happen again. we did set the bar, and I would love to see Unibar come in and do better. I guess since all they will be locating is gas and electric, they may be able to pull it off. but when push comes to shove, and unibar fails, USIC will be there to do what we do best, take over where so many others have failed. you will be just another notch in the belt for us.

Quote Originally Posted by OVUS1 View Post
    Same with us Greg - software, private locates, and public (contract) locating in our business model. Volume can be a concern but not a show stopper due to diversity.

As for "underbidding", what we fight more is these "back of the truck" companies that throw out an absurd number just to get the contract, pay their techs pennies, offer no benefits, don't comply with insurance or contractual requirements, last about as long as a fart in a hurricane, and we have to compete with that and deal with the added field pressure when they fold. Our industry needs to come together, define/adopt a set of universal operating standards and compensation requirements, have NULCA create a "seal of approval" for companies that comply/qualify, which would hopefully require all Operators to incorporate in their contracts. The techs deserve much more than many of us provide, including peace of mind about their jobs not just disappearing overnight.

As far as being angry, we should all be angry based on where our industry is today and the lack of respect we get for what we do..... both inside and outside the industry...

Screw it, I was in a bad wreck 3 weeks ago.....where is my Darvon bottle? 20 minutes from now no anger at all......

Happy Thanksgiving all!

John Cook
    John-

Glad that you are back in the saddle!!!

I agree with your "Seal Of Approval" theory, but in my opinion either the Feds or all of the State PUC's would have to mandate that all operators must require this "Seal of Approval" from their contract vendor. Even this would not ensure that some "Locate Company" couldn't get earn the seal and still completely lowball to get their foot in the door. In my opinion the utilities as demonstrated by Saul of WE Energies must be hit hard bu the enforcement agencies of each state when the contractor that they hire fails to live up to the standards. These fines need to be directed straight at the utility and not a pass through cost to the locate contractor as they are today.

Unibar will fail. For a fact the new manager well lets say will not make it. Been there dealt with it and seen him fail. Seen him yelled at for bad locating by WE itelf and also the contractors. Yes bad locating. Could not do it at all. I wish you the best. Contactors here can not believe it They are upset and so is some of the personal at WE. Ohhhh well almost a vacation form the closet seekers...27 days 4 hours and 26 min. Will enjoy not having BIG BROTHER in my closet. Good luck again.

Years of Experience

those guys took over a major contract here and things worked out well so far.....we'll see how things turn out a year from now!!!! newer companies will have to learn lessons like all companies
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Smile Re: We Energies contracts awarded

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin limey View Post
    Wow I remember leaving C.L.S. 6 yes 6 years ago making $17 per hour How far we have come in the lifesaving locating industry when we can offer TOP END locators what they were making 6 years ago.It's a cut throat business and we are not appriciated.That guy hand digging is getting paid $10 more per hour.People don't let you'r kids grow up to be locators.Send them to collage.......If you can afford it
    Your right everyone should be educated, whether it be through college or through there own personal research. Find out the facts for yourself through multiple sources, not just here, or your current management staff, then take those facts and make your own logoical decision. The opportunity for change is only up to you and your family, your decisions should be based solely on whats best for you at that current time. If it was about the money, my guess is you would've approached one of your contractor's and asked for a position to hand dig the located facilities. By staying where your at, you must like what your doing and care about the industry. So for yourself and the countless others who are being misinformed, please do your own research and make your own logical decision.
    This industry will never change unless us locators stand together and work together to make that change. A war can be fought with two people, it takes many people to win that war.
    Regardless of who has what contract, the job and the goals will always be the same, Protect the infrastructure. The way I look at it is this: Worked for USIC for many years, was told my job was safe and after the first phase of lay-offs it was, but only locating ATT and TWC, sitting at the pay scale I was at, looking at the company as a whole, there wasn't any potential for advancement. Looked at my current financial and family situation. Then did my own research and concluded going to Unibar was the best opportunity for me and my family with the potential to grow with my hard work and dedication. Sure a new company starting in a new state will be tough, but with a quality business plan and quality employee's any business can grow. I figure the first year will be hard but once the growing pains are worked through the opportunuty for adbvancement is greater here then where I was. For the record, I wasn't let go for damages or lack of productivity, I left on my terms. In close to 7 years only had one at fault damage. I am not here to recruit anyone just want go hard working people to wake up and make your own informed decisions. Good luck to all regardless of who you work for, I still consider you all family. And No this is not D.N....

Paintedboots

i cant believe this is stil going on!!!!

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Painted, you have hit the nail on the head......
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    15+

all i can say is wow i can't believe this is still going on who cares it's done, lets just see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    all i can say is wow i can't believe this is still going on who cares it's done, lets just see what happens.
    AMEN....

Yep, No MORE

Good points painted boots.I just wish there were more people who appriciated what we do. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Paintedboots View Post
    Your right everyone should be educated, whether it be through college or through there own personal research. Find out the facts for yourself through multiple sources, not just here, or your current management staff, then take those facts and make your own logoical decision. The opportunity for change is only up to you and your family, your decisions should be based solely on whats best for you at that current time. If it was about the money, my guess is you would've approached one of your contractor's and asked for a position to hand dig the located facilities. By staying where your at, you must like what your doing and care about the industry. So for yourself and the countless others who are being misinformed, please do your own research and make your own logical decision.
    This industry will never change unless us locators stand together and work together to make that change. A war can be fought with two people, it takes many people to win that war.
    Regardless of who has what contract, the job and the goals will always be the same, Protect the infrastructure. The way I look at it is this: Worked for USIC for many years, was told my job was safe and after the first phase of lay-offs it was, but only locating ATT and TWC, sitting at the pay scale I was at, looking at the company as a whole, there wasn't any potential for advancement. Looked at my current financial and family situation. Then did my own research and concluded going to Unibar was the best opportunity for me and my family with the potential to grow with my hard work and dedication. Sure a new company starting in a new state will be tough, but with a quality business plan and quality employee's any business can grow. I figure the first year will be hard but once the growing pains are worked through the opportunuty for adbvancement is greater here then where I was. For the record, I wasn't let go for damages or lack of productivity, I left on my terms. In close to 7 years only had one at fault damage. I am not here to recruit anyone just want go hard working people to wake up and make your own informed decisions. Good luck to all regardless of who you work for, I still consider you all family. And No this is not D.N....

Paintedboots
    SloMan...... Hope you enjoy that BONEUS that you won't get.
    GOD BLESS THE USA & the Damage Prevention Techs that are the heartbeat of the Utility industry.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    OPINIONS ARE LIKE A-HOLES EVERYONE HAS ONE.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast