Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: We Energies contracts awarded

Default Re: We Energies contracts awarded

sm&p took all the area that consolidated has in Minnesota. They have more area now in Minnesota than they lost in Wisconsin they got all the Qwest, most of the xcel and probibly all the comcast the centerpoint who knows consolidated is leaving Minnesota. The announcement came from Consolidated yesterday. I herd a rumer today that they are leaving Wisconsin too due to loosing comcast there too.

Sounds like it might be true. Cosolidated folded in Minnie and bailed on Xcel. Wow I am sure WE has been called on this. Bid low make no money and bail like a sinking ship. SM&P/USIC in my 21+ years has never bailed on a contract. I am loving this because it will make us stronger here in WI. Seen them come and go so much that SM&P will always be here. The veterans we have will survive and the work will be better without GOD looking over our shoulder and in our closet. Its been nice WE. Enjoyed working with your people in the field on a regular bases but I will enjoy the vacation from U.

P.S. See U in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    I still don't get what the big deal is. Contracts come and go like the seasonal flu. SM&P did fine in Wisconsin before the WE-Energies contract and we'll do fine after. For those of you that are not familiar with USIC in Wisconsin we still have over 100 contracts in the state. We did fine before the WE-Energies contract and we'll do fine after it. In the long run it will probable make us a stronger company because the herd will be trimmed of the "fat". Hopefully it won't be me being trimmed.
    Damn man! Over 100 other contracts? I guess there's a lot of smaller contracts in WI, as I can't imagine there are that many large utilities in the state. This is what I don't understand.... Why isn't there a marketing dept. at this company trying to get us more contracts in PA? The heavier you're layered, the more money you're going to make. Maybe one of these days, we'll see this transpire.

Not many large contracts like WE here in WI. Mostly small contracts like Time Warner Telecom, McLeod, TDS Fiber, DOT fiber, and Norlight fiber. Lots of little stuff that can add up to a large ticket in the right place =)
    That's just in the south eastern part of WI, not sure what the other part of the state has.
    Last edited by FigNewton; November 14th, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

All this whining about our management here in WI really needs to stop. Do you honestly think they're out to screw us all over? They are not. Do you honestly believe they did this all on purpose? They did not. We Energies decided they wanted the cheaper route for locating, and they will get what they paid for.

We gave them a cheaper offer out here in south east WI, outside of the crappy locating in Milwaukee. They didn't want it. We gave them 1 in 5000 damages, which is a huge difference in other companies. They were'nt happy with it.

The only reason I can think of them leaving us is for the fact that having one company solely locating for them 'might' save them some damages. One company concentrating on just gas and electric, and that's all. It's kind of understandable when you look at it like that. Certainly not agreeable from the locator point of view, but from a business point of view you have to agree it makes sense.

Whether the other company will make the 1 in 5000 damage ratio like we did will remain to be seen. I honestly doubt it will happen. And honestly I will do everything in my power to make it not happen. No more hard marks, no telling the other company how they can locate this or that. And the locators in the Waukesha County area know how crappy both utilities locate.

Let the other company suffer in the locating process of We Energies, and see how long they stay with them. We've put up with it for a LONG time, and have probably lost a bit of money on it in the process. As usual. We Energies will see that USIC is the superior locating company in the area, and will sign back on with us after their damage ratio is 1 in 500.

It's defintetly a set back for those let go by this, but Damn man you have got to understand they will be back, whether it's a month or a year, they will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by clown shoes View Post
    sm&p took all the area that consolidated has in Minnesota. They have more area now in Minnesota than they lost in Wisconsin they got all the Qwest, most of the xcel and probibly all the comcast the centerpoint who knows consolidated is leaving Minnesota. The announcement came from Consolidated yesterday. I herd a rumer today that they are leaving Wisconsin too due to loosing comcast there too.
    Consolidated Utility Services was awarded our contract for the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and northern Wisconsin -roughly north of State Highway 21.

Makes one wonder who is right, the rumor vine or the customer. HMMMMMMMMMM

I find that the rumor vine is usually wrong.

But Consolidated could do like Triple E did, close without notice.
    GOD BLESS THE USA & the Damage Prevention Techs that are the heartbeat of the Utility industry.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    OPINIONS ARE LIKE A-HOLES EVERYONE HAS ONE.

You will be used and, moved like cattle, you are not a person, you are a LOCATOR.
    Teammates and, working together mean nothing to mgrs.USIC is and,always will be a joke in mind.NOT one thing they ever said to me,was the truth,, and, I'm sure the lies will just keep comming,I'll have to alter my ESSPT, plan.
    AND, no keyboard here, still meet you mano e mano.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by rukiddingme View Post
    You will be used and, moved like cattle, you are not a person, you are a LOCATOR.
    Teammates and, working together mean nothing to mgrs.USIC is and,always will be a joke in mind.NOT one thing they ever said to me,was the truth,, and, I'm sure the lies will just keep comming,I'll have to alter my ESSPT, plan.
    AND, no keyboard here, still meet you mano e mano.

I have been there (USIC/SM&P) and experienced that many times. All the unfullfilled promises, lies, and being treated like only a number. SM&P used to be a good company to work for back in the day (1993-1998). The place I am now does care who you are and we all work together as a team. USIC will try to scare there employees to not look for other work. Promising that they will not be let go. But once the other companys start locating the WE, they will be letting the older higher payed employees go. Just a FYI.

Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    I have been there (USIC/SM&P) and experienced that many times. All the unfullfilled promises, lies, and being treated like only a number. SM&P used to be a good company to work for back in the day (1993-1998). The place I am now does care who you are and we all work together as a team. USIC will try to scare there employees to not look for other work. Promising that they will not be let go. But once the other companys start locating the WE, they will be letting the older higher payed employees go. Just a FYI.

Good luck to all.
    Go to Vannguard and quit your whining about USIC!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Wristwatch View Post
    Go to Vannguard and quit your whining about USIC!
    That was not whining. Just a heads up. Sorry if was interpreted it that way.

I saw your past posts that have been bashing smp and now this post. I do not know how you could possibly know that smp would plan to fire all of the high paid locators in the future. You hit a nerve with me because that is the type of rumor starting that make some nervous and fear for their job. Why start such rumors when you have absolutely no way of knowing such a thing? I do not get it. I actually don't want you to go to Vannguard if you are a good locator. Do you think any other company is going to be much different? Every company out there is out to make profits and in order to make profits the employees don't always come out ahead. I think that smp pays pretty well in the WI market. If you have been around since 93 you must be making some pretty good money by now.

Years of Experience
    na

The whole industry at best is - "fly-by-night" !!!

Lets just get on with it now...

Yahoo ? I m passing the thread killer torch to you...

Mananage your assignment well, and shut this sucka down!!!!

Just seen on locator jobs Unibar hiring in wisconsin $13 - $15 per hour.Should pick up all the best locators at that price

Yahoo doesn't know what the hell is going on. He's misplaced his paper bag.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Not sure about the other areas in USIC, but out here the only employee's we let go because of the We Energies contract lose were the newbies.
    There's no logic to letting the experienced guys go. You save a few thousand dollars paying the experienced guy every year, but how many thousands do you pay in damages with the inexperienced?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast