Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: We Energies contracts awarded

Default Re: We Energies contracts awarded

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hope all of our QUALITY locators stick with USIC, now more than ever, and wait this out. Let's hope there isn't going to be a catastrophic damage due to their new "damage prevention" idea, that could have been prevented by one of our tenured employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
    I'd like to take this opportunity to thank WE Energies for continuing to demonstrate how important damage prevention truly is to their organization. I have worked with three different locating organizations protecting gas and electric facilities in the state of Wisconsin for WE Energies. SM&P/USIC has consistently demonstrated that quality is paramount, and that "protecting our customers infrastructure" is something they passionately believe in, and do on a daily basis. My team, as well as many others, have multiple individuals that have damage ratios of over 1:10,000, and it is all because of the training, leadership, and team work here at SM&P/USIC.
    We've all seen this before. Those of you that have been around awhile remember when CLS was locating in Wisconsin. How concerned was WE Energies with damage prevention then? Enough to see that SM&P had consistently delivered quality results, with a tenured staff of professional individuals that work well as a team. Then there was Utiliquest. Just two days into the contract they decided they could not feasibly do the work in southern Wisconsin. With short notice, SM&P came to rescue of WE Energies and insured that their facilities and the general public would be protected. And more recently a portion of Milwaukee was given to Precise. How did that work out? There were so many damages coupled with customer and contractor complaints that WE Energies once again asked SM&P/USIC to bail them out. How did SM&P/USIC respond? Individuals from all over that state came to the area on a weekend and preformed a week's worth of work in 2 days!
    So what exactly is this "new approach to damage prevention"? I'm sure WE Energies is hoping that the majority of SM&P/USIC employees go to work for their new vendors. But we've seen this before. We know the outcome. We will continue to provide reliable, quality oriented results to the customers that value our partnership. Again, thank-you WE Energies for continuing to demonstrate how important damage prevention truly is to your organization.
    Amen

Typical arrogant utility mentality, give me Cadillac service at Yugo prices. How do they expect service levels to improve while paying 10-20% less for the service. Locate companies can only streamline so much before quality slips, at this point it seems that most locate companies are at the tipping point where quality will is going out the window to maintain any kind of profit margin. It will take a major catastrophic damage to bring this to light and the locate company will take the fall. The utilities will always get their money.

Just like everything the industry seems to be cycling back towards the low ball mentality that some locate companies have fought really hard to get away from. This trend will continue as long as utilities continue to move their deadwood from job to job and lose that history and purchasing continues to over ride Operations calls on service providers.

Good luck to us all and remained focus on the task at hand-Damage prevention..we will always have a job, but t-shirts may change.

Years of Experience
    25yrs

Time Will Tell.

Years of Experience
    na

Maybe its the new USIC corporate hierarchy trying to stuff more money in their pockets than this utility deems reasonable...

Lets not jump to conclusions...

Squeeze plays are not always just directed at labor...

Years of Experience

i hope things work out for you guys up north!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

correct me if i am wrong but, wasnt USIC unionized in the above mentioned areas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr810 View Post
    correct me if i am wrong but, wasnt USIC unionized in the above mentioned areas ?
    No we aren`t unionized but maybe we should be.We have never been in a union here.When CLS was here they were union but not us.

As usual WE Energies is God. When all said and done and for what Loopie has done was very unprofessional for a manager. I have seen this before in 21 years plus of locating that things change and companys come and go. USIC will prevail and become stonger than ever. I think by this time next year Loopie will be looking for a new job because the ship will sink on him. To all my fellow USIC locators thank you for doing such a great professional job and keeping damage prevention goals higher than expected. I guess WE does not see that quality is great now days....Time will tell.....it will be set to fail...

I can't wait to see how happy W.E. is with all the locator castoffs that will be applying and probably hired by Vanguard and Unibar.They should be thrilled when they can recoup more $$$ backm from damages.I hope no one gets hurt

Years of Experience
    25yrs

Quote Originally Posted by auggiewisc View Post
    No we aren`t unionized but maybe we should be.We have never been in a union here.When CLS was here they were union but not us.
    The great 2150 who didn't do S___ for it's members when the last contract went thru. That's the kind of support I need behind me.

How unprofessional is it when you find out your lose a contract and they do not have the courtesy to tell you in advanced. I guess Sally L Lopez does not have the balls to do it face to face. Neither do any of their cohorts in the field, including Donna Coe. They all had their mouth open when THEY WANTED something but when it came to this no one had the courtesy in return. It just shows where they are really at and their arrogance.

Damagee prevention - Bull#@*t - It's all about the money !!!!!

This decision will blow up in thier face in more ways than 1. The contractors know thier own contractors know it and anybody who does not sit behind the desk at WE-E & WE-G knows it. However these workers don not matter they just have to deal with this dangerous situation all over again.

Let's just pray that nobody get hurt or killed because the importance of money

Years of Experience
    na

Id start writing nasty letters to various authoities

I would nt take this lying down, if I had such conviction!!!!

Jut hope know one blows up again? been there

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

well..... USIC is loosing contracts right and left. grab you life vest boys, dont be the last one standing on a sinking ship, just JMHO

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast