Thread: The Walabot... Mini GPR for your iPhone.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default The Walabot... Mini GPR for your iPhone.

This is a mini GPR that you hook up to your iphone. Who knows, maybe we will be using GPR exclusively for utility locating. No hooking up... think about it.
    Last edited by TheCableVine; November 25th, 2016 at 10:05 PM.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: The Walabot... Mini GPR for your iPhone.

I watched the video and how the guy was finding stuff through the wood in his desk. It seems like this invention would be more useful for indoor concrete scanning than for use as a GPR outdoors, don't you think? With indoor concrete scanning, you only need to go down 1-2 feet to get a good idea of what his behind the area of interest, where GPR needs to be way deeper than that.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post
    I watched the video and how the guy was finding stuff through the wood in his desk. It seems like this invention would be more useful for indoor concrete scanning than for use as a GPR outdoors, don't you think? With indoor concrete scanning, you only need to go down 1-2 feet to get a good idea of what his behind the area of interest, where GPR needs to be way deeper than that.
    I hear ya. However, it may come about down the road that something useful will come of this.

The first engines were small, weak machines that could barely power a small automobile. Now, look what we have.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Our lead Civil engineer Emailed me the link to this about a week ago and he really wants us to get it for wall penetrations... I have some reservations, but if the engineers want it, typically we get it... weather it works or not...

It is supposed to only scan 4", so that limits a lot of concrete work... Our taxiway's and Runway's are about 16" thick... I am really curious on how it works on walls.

mke