Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vote

Years of Experience

Default Re: Vote

So unreal, at least from my perspective, that anyone in this biz could refer to the current USIC business model as a "good thing". If it was a "good thing", you would still have most of your veterans employed with the company. If it was a "good thing" you would still be responsible for an area, and you would have the "pride of ownership" that goes with that responsibility. If it was a "good thing", there wouldn't be all the infighting, backstabbing, and absolute pandemonium that goes along with a culture of fear 24/7. And finally, if it was a "good thing", we wouldn't have to listen to techs who have stayed too long with that company, suffered burnout or worse, and continue to hold on for whatever reason, prolonging the inevitable. Lead, follow, or get out of the way brother!

"Union = A union is a group of workers who choose to come together to look at common issues and make improvements, gain a voice on the job, and build strong relationships based on mutual trust and respect. A union is founded on a series of common goals. For example, we want our company to be successful, and to share in that success. We want to have a real voice at our workplace, and participate in ...decisions that affect our future. We want security, and to know that if we work hard that work will be respected. We want a better life at work, and real opportunity for our families.

Take this how ever you may want seeing this is my opinion. I see people saying that the only people that want this is the lazy people who dont do there share of work. I dont understand why people are using that as a reason not to do this. The lazy factor has always been an issue, for instance the crew I use to work for had 3 of them at least. Did they ever get in trouble for not answering there phone on on-call, refusing to do long extent tickets, not coming to work, or even going home early. The answer is "NO". So in my eyes USIC is the problem, not the Union. The reason these people dont get in trouble is because they are already under maned. They need all the help they need lazy or not. Policies can be placed for these type of problems. We have all voiced are problems but nothing is ever done about it. This is why we need a middle man to settle these differances between the employees and company. As we know the company has done some changes of problems we have voiced such as the pay-week and paying your insurance while on RIF. Do you really think they would have done this if we didnt get the ball rolling on the Union, we may never know but I think NOT!!!!! This just shows the true colors of USIC and that they are scared so they are trying to buy your vote with changes that they would not even thought about in the past. Just remember they didnt care about you till this all started.

For all Union Hatters.....

Why are you so dead against it? Were you ever in the Union? Were you kicked out of a Union? Were you not allowed to join a Union? Or were you one of those LAZY WORKERS that the Union refused to protect and fired you? Dont bash something that you know absolutley nothing about!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

thanks for your opinion ! was well said !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12