Thread: Is Verizon in New York State up to something strange? They seem to be stopping thier locates.

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Is Verizon in New York State up to something strange? They seem to be stopping thier locates.

Greetings fair people of the 'Vine. Recently my associates and I have heard some strange things going on about Verizon in New York State that daze and confuse us.

For example, we have heard that some of the verizon locators have not located anything in a few weeks at all. Just total no shows to locate request tickets. Also we have heard that they are actively turning in equipment and thier vehicles.

We extend our puzzled nature to the Viners, and ask if anyone has also heard these things about Verizon in New York. We know it doesn't make sense for them to stop locating out of nowhere, especially since they won thier strike back in 2011.

I'm almost positive that neither Premier or ECSM have any hand in this. However I don't know much about Eastern Locating from long island and thier recent buyout of Protek locating in 2011 last year.

Any and all information is always greatly appreciated. Good day, gentle people.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Years of Experience

Default Re: Is Verizon in New York State up to something strange? They seem to be stopping thier locates.

Protek buy out did not occur. Deal feel through and Protek is still a seperate company. From what i heard they couldnt all get along.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Is Verizon in New York State up to something strange? They seem to be stopping thier locates.

Maybe VZ is locating their own (like they do in PA)

Verizon is indeed still locating thier own in New York, turns out what happened was massive company-wide layoffs that occured recently. Just do a general google search for 'verizon layoffs.' They are getting rid of 1% of their total workforce in general which is about 1700 people, but almost all of the layoffs are actually comming from the land line division which requires utility locating.