Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vent!

Years of Experience
    na

Default Re: Vent!

I asked our trainer yesterday about how he allowed a new guy slip through the cracks that had been triple red marking power secondarys to houses...
    Three slashes in a row and we wonder why we have paint shortages...

Now the guy I believe to be a good locator and I know power is 3 ENTWINED cables but PPPLEEEASSEEE!!!

And our facility owner doesnt even want 3 phase corridor marked...

Imagine them auditing this guy???

HA!!!

I dont have time nor enough room for that amount of paint available...

But hows that for cutting a guy loose in the field???

Really training them good!!!!

Years of Experience

got any pictures dude......just tell us what it really looked like.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by thejoker View Post
    If I remember correctly Tim Glassen the old vp was from there. And so Is Jeff Trampleasure

Can't you do 40 to 50 stops a day like UPS? Just walk faster!
    "The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn't angry enough". -Bede Jarrett

Years of Experience

My vent is how can you come in give us a one hour crash course on Mobile Dispatch ans say ok tomorrow you will start using it but dont let the production slip OMG it sucks it is horrible Translore wasnt the greatest but at east you had more options to work with and it was full screen but really one hour and you are supposed to know it now they say dont worry about the billing we will figure that out in the end we did the billing in translore seems to me now there is a created job for someone to look at all the billed tickets and figure out if it is a SV or a NL or a NB well lets see where this goes

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    OMG it sucks it is horrible Translore wasnt the greatest but at east you had more options to work with and it was full screen.
    That has been my biggest gripe. We've had multiple updates every year and they can't make the billing screens able to maximize.

TBONE if you want PM me and I'll give you my cell number. I can give you a ton of short cuts for the mobile dispatch.

Yeah me too I got it down so fast its not even funny but then again I have been dealing with it since the start so its really no big deal P.M. if ya need help ill send ya my work celly....
    C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Quote Originally Posted by GODFATHER View Post
    And who do you work for???? BTW: Nice sulcotta is it yours????
    Not mine but I think it may be my new Tat. I am thinking something Native American with a tortoise and some feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I asked our trainer yesterday about how he allowed a new guy slip through the cracks that had been triple red marking power secondarys to houses...
    Three slashes in a row and we wonder why we have paint shortages...

Now the guy I believe to be a good locator and I know power is 3 ENTWINED cables but PPPLEEEASSEEE!!!

And our facility owner doesnt even want 3 phase corridor marked...

Imagine them auditing this guy???

HA!!!

I dont have time nor enough room for that amount of paint available...

But hows that for cutting a guy loose in the field???

Really training them good!!!!

I run into that ridiculous painting style too and I am working right now with crews replacing the water and sewer in entire neighborhoods.

I hate looking at those contractors and saying "I don't know why he painted it like that There is one service here and one primary and a street light. I can't explain the 15 lines."

I end up making up different type marks so I can tell the crews which ones I have marked as to where there is power under the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by LocateLady View Post
    Not mine but I think it may be my new Tat. I am thinking something Native American with a tortoise and some feathers.
    That would be pretty damn sweet!!!! I have a few reptiles myself thats why I was asking....

Quote Originally Posted by LocateLady View Post
    I end up making up different type marks so I can tell the crews which ones I have marked as to where there is power under the ground.
    I have done this forever its a great way to make sure you know if they are your perm marks also so your not just marking someone elses paint....

I have now found that a lot of people are now mocking my marks now so may have to change them up again LOL!!!!

One thing thats really funny is when out of town help does come in and they mark the conduit runs with a line then 3 dots and another line. I then get called back to job sites for friggin weeks to remark because the contractors are just totally lost as to what the heck those marks are LOL!!!!

Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    My vent is how can you come in give us a one hour crash course on Mobile Dispatch ans say ok tomorrow you will start using it but dont let the production slip OMG it sucks it is horrible Translore wasnt the greatest but at east you had more options to work with and it was full screen but really one hour and you are supposed to know it now they say dont worry about the billing we will figure that out in the end we did the billing in translore seems to me now there is a created job for someone to look at all the billed tickets and figure out if it is a SV or a NL or a NB well lets see where this goes
    Translore was a piece of shit! It takes what 4 minutes to bill the ticket and download pictures. Mobile dispatch takes 30 seconds for a 5 way locate. You will get used to it and like it. By the way do you think the public gives a shit about you guy's using TRANSLORE. I mean the stupid stickers on your trucks that tell the public you use something they couldn't give a rats ass about.

And since we are on the subject. Lets talk about the shithole hotel you guy's put us in. Cheap bastards. Come to our town and you get a real hotel room with a pool no doubt!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GODFATHER View Post
    That would be pretty damn sweet!!!! I have a few reptiles myself thats why I was asking....

I have done this forever its a great way to make sure you know if they are your perm marks also so your not just marking someone elses paint....

I have now found that a lot of people are now mocking my marks now so may have to change them up again LOL!!!!

One thing thats really funny is when out of town help does come in and they mark the conduit runs with a line then 3 dots and another line. I then get called back to job sites for friggin weeks to remark because the contractors are just totally lost as to what the heck those marks are LOL!!!!
    The line then 3 dots and a line is state law in several states. Not any different than in your state. You mark the way you are taught.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

The rich get richer (and the tax man) and the locators get more tired, burned-out, used, abused. Then comes more HP damages! Hello can anybody hear me?
    Oh, Billy!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadMap View Post
    The line then 3 dots and a line is state law in several states. Not any different than in your state. You mark the way you are taught.

Yeah thats the way the "Company" wanted them done down here until ATT/SBC yelled at them for it LOL....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12