Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vent!

Default Vent!

I need to know if anyone else in the locate industry has the same problems that Kansas has? Im not going to say who I am or how long I have been doing this because we all know how that could end up for someone if they find out who you are?

Why is it that they give us the same old song and dance ever year "were hiring" "we didnt expect the rush" etc, etc, etc.....

Its always been this way and will never change. For gods sake over hire for attrician. I used to love to do this job now I absoutly hate it and cant wait to find my out. I cant stand waking up every morning knowing I have past due tickets and there is no help coming what so ever. Then sending our locators to other states when were hurting ourselves???? What kind of sense does this make???? Im almost to the point of not giving a $hit about what happens and we all know you dont want that!

There are many other things that im sure will get brought up but for now

Sorry for the RANT....
    Thanks if you did happen to read and have something to say....

Years of Experience
    na

Default Re: Vent!

First suggestion is throw that locator your holding in the nearest dumpster and get you a locator you dont need to hook up and weighs less than 50lbs...

That will partially help...

Yes its the same everywhere thats why the only way to do this job is take short cuts and try and throw alot of extra marks around...

Nature of the beast...

Hereif this makes you feel any better

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    First suggestion is throw that locator your holding in the nearest dumpster and get you a locator you dont need to hook up and weighs less than 50lbs...

That will partially help...

Yes its the same everywhere thats why the only way to do this job is take short cuts and try and throw alot of extra marks around...

Nature of the beast...

Hereif this makes you feel any better
    Yeah I hear ya! I did a little more reading after this being my first post and see that everyone seems to be saying the same shit. This place is obviously not run by the Corporate Butt Monkeys that keep sticking it in our asses every year.

BTW: Just so yall know Started doing this in 1995 and have been with a few other companies since but been HERE the longest so far. Been to Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Illinois, and of course Kansass....
    C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

i feel your pain man ... same shit every year. doesn't matter who you work for they all bid low and are to cheap to take care of business.

But by god you can guarantee the GM and DM are sittin on their cushy fat asses at home watching their kids grow up where as we just get to see them for a couple of hours a night (if your lucky) and maybe a few on the weekends since were on mandatory weekends till the end of time. Was supposed to be 60 days but any of us with any time in knew better. Again something they say every damn summer....

But if they would quit hiring these guys from the UPS store and FED EX maybe they might know a little something about the locate industry????

Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I did that years ago and now "witch" everything.....saves on batteries. I do seem to use more paint though, throwing some down each time the sticks go straight. Less arm fatigue, able to walk ditches forever, and I look pretty pretty cool wearing my gunbelt filled with paint and flags.

Years of Experience

i feel your pain.................good luck in life!!!!!!! oh welcome to the vine!!! in the end hope things work out for you..........it gets better........wait to you get to the next job and realize nothing is different over there......this is our lot in life dude....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Oh yes I know! Just gets old being the only person on your crew that has stuck it out the past few years.... And this is a reoccuring situation.... Hell looked at a phone list from a few years back and there was a whopping 3 people still here that were on that list LOL!!!!

Its simple because the same people that have heard it before are no longer with us, With 49% attrition rate they constantly have a new crop of crap to spread their shit on. Managment has been lying to themselves so long on this issue that they actually believe it themselves.

Ya know what your completely 100% correct there "One"

I have worked for the monster mega locate company and delt with that issue every year.

First they scream NO OVERTIME!!

Then just when you plan that trip to Florida they say it is mantaory for you to work 6 or 7 days.

The company I work for now works as a team. (I did not believe it possible when you work alone.) Every day one of my team members will call and ask what my load looks like and we will move tickets around so no one has too much and no one is sitting with nothing to do.

And who do you work for???? BTW: Nice sulcotta is it yours????

Years of Experience
    na

If I die and go to hell it wont be a shock!!!

I was already cast into the cauldren when I became a locator...

Something I've noticed here and there all over the country. WTF is the deal with these companies hiring management types from UPS and Fed Ex? Everywhere I have been been there has been a manager or a DM from these places. It must be a training facility for assholes who don't have a clue about anything. I say this because a couple of post up UPS and Fed Ex, different state, different company same bullsh*t.

If I remember correctly Tim Glassen the old vp was from there. And so Is Jeff Trampleasure

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    Something I've noticed here and there all over the country. WTF is the deal with these companies hiring management types from UPS and Fed Ex? Everywhere I have been been there has been a manager or a DM from these places. It must be a training facility for assholes who don't have a clue about anything. I say this because a couple of post up UPS and Fed Ex, different state, different company same bullsh*t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast