Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UULC
  • 1 Post By yahoo

Thread: Vacation Time

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Vacation Time

I had that vacation time that you use it or loose it. Well I am taking it. Heading Memphis and spend the nite with the folk who I rented a room from my first year with this company. Then on to St. Louis to see my daughter in law and son in law. Stay a few days then heading to Charleston SC to see a high school friend and his wife. Then back home to go back to work June 4th.

I would have just taken the money as I need it, but upper mgmt. said you needed time away from work. Well this would not be the case if we were paid better and what we are worth.

OK off my

All VINERS HAVE A SAFE MEMOEIAL WEEK!

Please remember those who have sacrificed LIFE & LIMBS
    yahoo likes this.

Default Re: Vacation Time

I agree with you...!
    we should remember those who sacrificed their lives and limbs for us...!

[QUOTE=James_Bond;45229]I agree with you...!
    we should remember those who sacrificed their lives and limbs for us...!

France's laws granted employees the most paid vacation—30 days a year. But several countries actually guarantee workers more total paid time off when mandated paid holidays are added.........

Years of Experience

Default Vacation Time

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Greetings Fellow 'Viners! I just took a couple days of vacation this last weekend (Friday - Monday) to visit my brother's home near Lake Okoboji, Iowa.

Greetings Fellow 'Viners! I again visited my brother's home near Lake Okoboji, Iowa this past weekend (Friday - Monday) to watch the Thunder in the Valley, Outlaw Truck & Tractor Pulling Association event in nearby Rock Valley, IA. My wife & I participated as a fan watching all the classes pull Friday night. My brother, his wife, my wife and I spent most of the day Saturday watching more classes pull. These people put on a Heck of a nice show and I plan to see more Outlaw Truck & Tractor Pulling Association events in the future.

Sunday was just a day of hanging around my brother's house, grilling some hamburgers and such, sharing life's stories. We talked about his wife's BMW that was totaled when years ago a guy ran a red light and hit her car. When her car stopped, the front end was ripped off her car. My brother's wife and mother in-law both had to be helped out of the car; chiropractor visits for both was the only medical attention needed to get them back to speed.

Months later, the offender's west coast insurance company called my brother and offered to pay Kelley Blue Book, $1,800, to settle the claim. My brother told the caller that was un-acceptable. My brother told the caller he has proof the car was worth $10,000 when it was hit. When the insurance company balked, my brother told the caller to buy a replacement BMW, just like the one he lost, and add $2,000 for pain and suffering. My brother was informed that wasn't going to happen.

Nothing was settled initially, so my brother contacted his attorney friend for guidance. The attorney told my brother to send a breach of contract letter to the west coast insurance company. The letter had to say:

"Your company holds the car insurance policy, which is a contract, of the insured. Your company is refusing to pay a claim which should be paid under the terms of the policy. This is a breach of the contract. I can pursue all available legal remedies for the breach, including filing a lawsuit against your company."

Within days, a second phone call from the west coast insurance company was made to my brother and said they would settle for $10,000. My brother said he would settle this matter for $12,000 only. The west coast insurance company said, "NO!"

My brother told the caller, "We can settle this for $12,000 right now. If you refuse to cut me a check for $12,000, and I am telling you the truth, I will hang up from you and my next call is to my attorney. Once I talk to my attorney, we both know this will end costing you much more than the $2,000 you want to save today."

The response, "Do what you have to do. We are not paying more than $10,000."

My brother was referred to an attorney that specializes in such matters. That attorney said the west coast insurance company's maximum property damage liability by the insured is $100,000 and he would get it all. My brother's cut would be 2/3 and the attorney would get 1/3. This happened as promised.

I asked my brother, "What did you learn from this experience?"

His quick response, "When some asshole runs me over, my first phone call is to the ambulance. My second phone call is to my attorney!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

I agree !!!
    Wingfoot likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato