Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wingfoot

Thread: Vacation!

Years of Experience

Default Vacation!

After the last week of fun in Northern Illinois ( flood of the century anyone?), I am taking a week and heading north to the promised land. And fishing! And beer! Hope you all have a better workweek ahead now that the sun is out, at least for now lol.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Vacation!

Have fun! The fish are biting

How far up into the promised land are you going (if I may ask)?

Years of Experience

check with Golden-boy I bet he is still ice-fishing !!! have fun dude !!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Have a good time.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Hey Robot - I also took a little time off this month. I worked mounting Goodyear race tires for the NASCAR weekend in the Dallas/Ft.Worth (DFW) area and then again the following weekend at the NASCAR track at Kansas City. I got a chance to renew my friendship with my 40+ buddies with whom I work at the tracks (people I consider my extended family) plus met a couple new faces from Phoenix during the process.

I always look forward to my time off with mixed emotions. I need the time off but I always have to work extra hard before I leave and then again when I get back. I had to work long hours 10 days straight before I flew out to DFW to get ahead on my ticket load and then came back to a homecoming of many challenging past due tickets. The tickets that came in while I was in Texas didn't get done on time. I worked 45 hours in 3 days after my DFW NASCAR weekend to get ready for my Kansas City NASCAR weekend. Many times I wonder if it is worth taking time off when it is such a pain in the ass for me before I leave and then again when I get back.... just sayin'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Worst part about the job, is owning a geographic area that can only be maintained by you. There was a time a while back when you could count on someone stepping in to your shoes, but you guys work for an investment firm now, and that's gone with the wind. Sounds like you have a great time on your vacation, that's a very good thing Wing!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Have fun! The fish are biting

How far up into the promised land are you going (if I may ask)?
    Just north of The Dells Mark, but honestly, there's good fishing just about everywhere north of me.

Years of Experience

Definitely one thing about this line of work, there is always more of it. It sounds like someone pulled a "that's not my project!" On yo, Wingfoot! I hate that, I used to work with the contractor, complete what was needed, then have them call the ticket back in in a week so the guy on vacation could find out what was going on on the project.
    It helped out with communication between contractor, locator, and other utilities.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Just north of The Dells Mark, but honestly, there's good fishing just about everywhere north of me.
    NICE! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend too! You probably know, but check out lake-links for fishing reports:

Wisconsin Fishing Reports

There is a good place in the Dells to get bait. I think it's called "Cruisin Chubby's".

Good luck and don't forget to take some pics!