Thread: Utility Locators Website

Default Utility Locators Website

Hey guys. Ain't been on in awhile I have been running non-stop. As most of you know I took your opinions on my private locating website. Well when spring rolled around I was asked to come back to work, of course I had to take the offer. Now I have a website with about 7 months left on the lease. I could just shut it down but it would be a major waste of money I invested into it back in November.

I had the idea of converting it over to a website for utility locators. Weither it be learning materials, articles on the industry, tips/tricks on locating facilities, ect. Been spending the last few days on how to and what to include on there.

I do know one thing I do want to use it as a medium to publish articles on the industry. Which means it leaves the area open for you guys to submit articles as well. I know a few of you, I wont name any names, but a few of you are really good at writing and know a ton of info on the industry.

If a website just for locators is made what would you like to see on there?

Years of Experience

Default Re: Utility Locators Website

I don't know, maybe call it Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. What about The Cablevine?
    Naaaaaaaaaa, nobody would look at it...

Just kidding.

Naw I got 7 months left on the domain and I got to do something proactive. Only thing I can really think of. What I am thinking and what Cable Vine is are night and day.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

What you are thinking of (I think) is something like an online magazine. That would be cool to do. I thought about doing it for thecablevine.com by getting rid of the top domain landing page and replacing it with wordpress and then publishing articles. That would be cool but I just don't have the time to do it. I think it would be very labor intensive.

Am I on track? something like underground focus?
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Maybe it could be like Underground Focus from a locator's perspective. Stuff like reviews of equipment, articles about the reality of what we do. Some spotlight articles to bring serious issues to the fore.
    Hey, play your cards right and you could get free stuff for articles/reviews/comparisons.
    Good idea.

Yeah Steve something along those lines. Anyone here be interested in submitting articles on locating, equipment, ect? I will probably start drawing up the raw code for all this over the weekend.