Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: UtiliQuest Hiring in Denver, Colorado - 50 positions still available!

Years of Experience

Default UtiliQuest Hiring in Denver, Colorado - 50 positions still available!

UtiliQuest is hiring in Denver, Colorado from 15/hr - 19/hr depending on experience. We still have 50 positions open for locators.

Apply at the following web address.

(Web Address removed)
    Last edited by TheCableVine; February 25th, 2015 at 06:21 PM.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: UtiliQuest Hiring in Denver, Colorado - 50 positions still available!

As I've said many times. I've spent a lot of money on this site and the related job site for your convenience. Please post jobs on the job site and not here. If you do post here then the post should refer people to the job site.

UtilityES.com is the job site. Utiliquest has an account.

Thanks
    Steve
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Default Re: UtiliQuest Hiring in Denver, Colorado - 50 positions still available!

Quote Originally Posted by RGARLAND81 View Post
    UtiliQuest is hiring in Denver, Colorado from 15/hr - 19/hr depending on experience. We still have 50 positions open for locators.

Get Rich Locating Today!
    Thanks man!

Years of Experience

50 positions open hope the contract does't start march 1!
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RGARLAND81 View Post

(Web Address removed)
    Hey! This is the real deal.....I am moving from Virginia to the great state of Colorado middile of march. UtiliQuest starts April 1st. They are helping with my expenses and the pay is great for my 3 years experience! They told me they are hiring close to 100 techs for a gas and power company Excel. I also heard that they are getting the phone and cable contracts.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    Hey! This is the real deal.....I am moving from Virginia to the great state of Colorado middile of march. UtiliQuest starts April 1st. They are helping with my expenses and the pay is great for my 3 years experience! They told me they are hiring close to 100 techs for a gas and power company Excel. I also heard that they are getting the phone and cable contracts.
    Yup. I'm in Maryland. I was slated to go to CO starting May 1st,
    for a month to mark power & Gas but apparently its on hold now.
    April 1st you say?
    That sounds about right.
    They were going to send me there for a month because USIC bailed on the previous contract before the contract end date....
    But I guess now its resolved??
    Homeowner - "They still bury lines in the ground?
    I thought they didn't do that anymore!"
    Me - "Yes sir they do."
    Homeowner - "My gas line is not over there"
    Me - "Yes it is."

Years of Experience

I couldn't have got better news! We have been sending people out there for the last 2 years. All last year we had 1 or 2 people on my crew there every week, we will not have to work short this season (haha) well at least not because of CO. I never went but all my coworkers were out a couple times. We were working 12 hrs 7 days while the guys from there were working 8/5, including the supes who quit answering the phones at 5:00. I would be very careful who I hired out there with experience and good luck with those drug tests! I would normally just chalk this up to usic but every single company has had the exact same thing happen. Nobody wants to work, I guess there is just too much to do there. People don't want work to interfere with they're hunting, fishing, hiking and pot smoking.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

You are so right ob , 90% of locators want the big money but WON'T try to do the job they are hired for .
    Just goes to show you how lazy people are . I am older than most locators and know I can bury them with what is called a work ethic .

Years of Experience

As a locator working in Denver for usic this does not surprise me in the least. The writing has been on the wall for a long time between Xcel and usic in Colorado. Some of us worked hard and eventually got worked and micromanaged into quitting by supervisors who sleep in their trucks if they even do go into the field. As to orange Boot's comment I had worked with out of state guys twice on projects and they didn't do shit but talk about how much money they were making and how drunk they were going to get at the hotel later on the phone with their new out of town buddies. Worked a huge fiber bore project for six hours all the guy did was mark a street light. Heard about a few high profile electric damages by out of town locators too that weren't even marked. Maybe I just met the bad ones.

Years of Experience

you and I may have met .......LOL
    Mke likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    Yup. I'm in Colorado now, in a hotel for 3 weeks, from Maryland.
    Plenty of work and lots of bad areas. The electric is so bad some spots have tracer wire. lol
    And they only want supervisors to mark gas from service records. plus Xcel is making us jump through hoops so they can cover their butt.
    I do enjoy the Denver area though, great view, If they paid me enough I might consider moving here.
    How do you like it?
    Homeowner - "They still bury lines in the ground?
    I thought they didn't do that anymore!"
    Me - "Yes sir they do."
    Homeowner - "My gas line is not over there"
    Me - "Yes it is."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nb22x View Post
    Yup. I'm in Colorado now, in a hotel for 3 weeks, from Maryland.
    Plenty of work and lots of bad areas. The electric is so bad some spots have tracer wire. lol
    And they only want supervisors to mark gas from service records. plus Xcel is making us jump through hoops so they can cover their butt.
    I do enjoy the Denver area though, great view, If they paid me enough I might consider moving here.
    How do you like it?
    who is the Center Manager out there?

Years of Experience

Dycom and Utiliquest go their butt handed to them by a competitor. Funny when the big boys fall.

RECENT LAWSUIT DECISION
    S&N Locating Services, LLC and S&N Communications, Inc. (collectively "S&N") achieved a major court victory over CertusView Technologies, LLC ("CertusView"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dycom Industries, Inc. (NYSEY), in a ruling handed down on January 21, 2015.
    CertusView filed the lawsuit against S&N in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in May 2013. CertusView accused S&N of infringing five separate patents held by CertusView pertaining to utility locate operations. From the suit’s commencement, S&N denied those allegations and maintained that CertusView’s patents were invalid. In a 96-page opinion issued on January 21, 2015, a federal judge held that all of CertusView’s asserted patent claims were invalid as a matter of law. As a result of that ruling, CertusView’s infringement claims have been dismissed and judgment has been entered in favor of S&N.
    S&N's victory in this case represents good news for the locating industry, one call centers nationally, and the safety of the general public. In the last several years, CertusView had obtained a large number of patents on what many thought were unpatentable locating operating practices. This legal rejection by the federal district court vindicates that position.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Correct, CertusView lost basically because they claimed that drawing onto satellite photo was their idea first and nobody else could do that. I am not sure but I this was first done by a Canadian company, something like TelMark software.

As you mentioned they are a Dycom company and they do not have to win the lawsuit to win. S&N was not the only competing locate firm they were suing, to be successful they only had to disrupt their competitor's operations an cause their competitors to spend money fighting the lawsuit. Dycom has more money than their competitors and can well afford to spend it if it causes their competitors to spend money they do not have.

In addition to spending money to fight the lawsuit S&N purchased the disastrous 811Trac ticket management software which was shortly dumped in favor of going back to the old software.

Quote Originally Posted by locateman2011 View Post
    Dycom and Utiliquest go their butt handed to them by a competitor. Funny when the big boys fall.

RECENT LAWSUIT DECISION
    S&N Locating Services, LLC and S&N Communications, Inc. (collectively "S&N") achieved a major court victory over CertusView Technologies, LLC ("CertusView"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dycom Industries, Inc. (NYSEY), in a ruling handed down on January 21, 2015.
    CertusView filed the lawsuit against S&N in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in May 2013. CertusView accused S&N of infringing five separate patents held by CertusView pertaining to utility locate operations. From the suit’s commencement, S&N denied those allegations and maintained that CertusView’s patents were invalid. In a 96-page opinion issued on January 21, 2015, a federal judge held that all of CertusView’s asserted patent claims were invalid as a matter of law. As a result of that ruling, CertusView’s infringement claims have been dismissed and judgment has been entered in favor of S&N.
    S&N's victory in this case represents good news for the locating industry, one call centers nationally, and the safety of the general public. In the last several years, CertusView had obtained a large number of patents on what many thought were unpatentable locating operating practices. This legal rejection by the federal district court vindicates that position.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Correct, CertusView lost basically because they claimed that drawing onto satellite photo was their idea first and nobody else could do that. I am not sure but I this was first done by a Canadian company, something like TelMark software.

As you mentioned they are a Dycom company and they do not have to win the lawsuit to win. S&N was not the only competing locate firm they were suing, to be successful they only had to disrupt their competitor's operations an cause their competitors to spend money fighting the lawsuit. Dycom has more money than their competitors and can well afford to spend it if it causes their competitors to spend money they do not have.

In addition to spending money to fight the lawsuit S&N purchased the disastrous 811Trac ticket management software which was shortly dumped in favor of going back to the old software.

They still use 811Trac, it also allowed a competitor to know their ticket prices. Probably was not the best idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast