Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: UtiliQuest

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: UtiliQuest

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post
    ProfessionalLocator, I was thinking that this might be actually good for you. Does your employer have other contracts you can stay on while losing the major telephone locating?

If so, then your supervisor duties probably just got easier. Your employer probably will not lower your wage, and at the same time your responsibilities will be easier. Not having to worry about locating the telephone.

The only true drawback from your perspective is that it puts your employer in a worse position to keep the current contracts they currently still have.

But in the meantime, you will have an easier job.
    There are other contracts but looks like they are also cutting the number of supervisors and that the number of locators per supervisor to deal with will go up. I foresee a heavier workload.

I have not been a supervisor since mid-June. Big hourly pay cut but with a minimum 11 hour work day and being paid OT I got right off a 40% pay increase for less hours worked. Also I worked more ot and made whopping big pay checks. After almost 5 years was like the other supervisors still at start pay. Plus there was a small quarterly bonus of about half a weeks pay that they eliminated. For this they gave a small weekly increase that was less than the bonus and called that pay cut a raise.

I figure on working elsewhere.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: UtiliQuest

Quote Originally Posted by Nb22x View Post
    Come to UQ!
    Are you still in Maryland?

They are filling 12 new supervisor positions in VA RIGHT NOW!
    As we just picked up a big contract in VA.
    Apply, as they don't like making techs that work here Sups.. Go figure.
    I am thinking of stepping back from locating for awhile. Maybe get a job delivering pizza.
    Last edited by TheCableVine; November 13th, 2015 at 09:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12