• 4 Post By Twisted Locator
  • 1 Post By Mark
  • 1 Post By yahoo
  • 2 Post By Wingfoot
  • 2 Post By JonCrosby

Thread: USIC yearly raises!!

Years of Experience

Default USIC yearly raises!!

Got my big yearly raise today from USIC......cheap bastards!!
    second notice likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Locator View Post
    Greetings Twisted Locator! Welcome to the Cable Vine! I welcome your membership to the 'Vine! Many Thanks for your state's contribution to last year's presidential election result! Atta Boy!

I also received my greatly anticipated yearly raise last week Thursday.

Once, many years ago, I complained to my district manager that I wanted more money. He listened to my argument, agreed with me I deserved more money and let me know more money is available to me; with strings attached. He told me he would pay me the money I wanted, but the money is in the ghetto (and still is). Without hesitation I told him to, "Sign me UP!"

Two days later I am in the worst part of the ghetto thinking, "What the fak did I just do?" I got my raise, but quickly bid for my mostly-white suburbia territory back. I eventually got my old territory back and kissed the ground upon my arrival.

Hey, Twisted Locator! Be very careful what you ask for from these "cheap bastards!" .......................... just sayin.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC yearly raises!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Locator View Post
    Corporate drones never understand the truth about employee pay. Yes some people will slack off no matter what you pay them. With poor pay every one gives lowered production.Plus a bonus paid for each 3,000 party charges made. The bonus paid $50 then increased until capped a $600. The bonus reset to $50 if you got a damage.

This resulted in our office coming out of red ink into profits, production soared to the highest and damages dropped to the lowest.

First to disappear was the bonus. Some corporate idiot thought that since not all locators got a bonus that the incentive was ineffective.
    Damages went up only a little as were were marking gas and electric and we did not want excavators injured or killed. Production began to fall.

Next the PFP pay scale was gone and production plummeted.

almost 100 years ago Henry Ford showed you made more money by paying good wages. Apparently colleges do teach the opposite.

Years of Experience

Thanks for the welcome! And yes PA made me proud as well!!
    Yeah I'm currently covering 2 whole counties and 2 partial counties. With one damage last year I received a .29 cent raise this year!! I run my ass off and help out where needed and have nothing to show for it!!

Years of Experience

Congrats!

Years of Experience

hang in there buddy ...something good has to be right around the corner for ya ....
    Twisted Locator likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Come on Wing I did two tours in that shit hole, then got transferred across state line and been there ever since.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JonCrosby View Post
    Come on Wing I did two tours in that shit hole, then got transferred across state line and been there ever since.
    Greetings Jon! Welcome to the'Vine! It has been a long time since you & I have had verbal intercourse.......................... just sayin.'

Fellow Viners, let me introduce Jon! Jon was my first mentor, many, MANY years ago. The territory I have now was Jon's before he was assigned to the ghetto for the second time. I took Jon's territory as mine upon his departure. Jon & I spent many hours locating together my first 2 years with SM&P/USIC. Jon was instrumental in driving home ALL my basic locating skills during my first months of locating; but Jon also showed me a shit load of techniques that skeered the Holy Bajeezus out of me back then, also! Most of the skeery ones Jon taught me I use every day now and teach to others who work with me. Thanks Jon! May your legacy live forever!

It is interesting to me that it has been 18 years since the two of us worked together, but every time I perform a locating task taught to me by Jon, Jon instantly comes to my mind. Weird, right? It's kinda/sorta like WWJD (What Would Jon Do?), but I digress.

Hey Twisted Locator, Jon started 25 years ago with SM&P/USIC making $7 an hour working out of an Isuzu pickup, straight stick with no air. That kind of a humble beginning trumps my complaints about wages. But still, I think all of us are realistically $5 to $7 per hour underpaid for what we do. It doesn't matter what I think, that kind of nonsense will never happen.

Hey Jon, I welcome your membership here and please post often! Luv Ya Man!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    second notice and yahoo like this.

Years of Experience

Thanks for the interesting welcome! Times have changed a lot. Now a days just getting employees to even come in two days in a row is a chore. I miss working in that area where you are now, but don't miss the politics on that side of state line. I will post often as I can and try not to ruffle any feathers. See ya!
    UULC and Wingfoot like this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

USIC in North Carolina was union and got talked into not needing a union and would save money not paying union dues so they voted to end their local.

When I was there last year they were talking of restarting their union.