Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Exhibit
  • 1 Post By mattm211
  • 1 Post By ProfessionalLocator

Thread: Usic tx

Years of Experience
    10yrs +

Default Usic tx

Whats going on Cablevine fam, just wanted to know if anyone knew what USIC or any other firms locate in the state of Texas, planning on moving and was looking for some insight, i appreciate it, be safe everyone and thanks.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Usic tx

its USIC for communications
    FieldTech561 likes this.

Years of Experience

USIC does a majority, if not all, of DFW area with TimeWarner, Charter Cable, CoServe Gas/Electric, Atmos Gas, AT&T, they should do verion also since UQ backed out of TX (they do Verizon in houston). You also have Heath in the western region somewhere, if they're still there, they took some Atmos when UQ backed out I believe..I remember them bidding on something and getting it... Unibar/DPG in Houston/Conroe and going east to the state border with CenterPoint Gas and Entergy Electric (maybe even some communications lines in houston I can't remember for sure), and SafeSite (former UtiliQuest guys) with CenterPoint in the SW Houston and towards the Gulf of Mexico.

I think that's it..unless there's some small companies. There's some small electric, gas, and very rural phone companies that still have locating in house, but they're rarely ever hiring. A lot of private fiber lines are located in house as well, such as Sprint, MCI, Level 3, etc. and a lot of bigger school districts have they're own locators for their fibers connecting their schools. Some cities have full-time locators for water, but most just use a water/sewer tech they already have to run tickets though. You can also sometimes find permanent locating with pipeline install companies (usually requires out of town travel though)
    Last edited by mattm211; July 25th, 2013 at 10:11 PM.
    FieldTech561 likes this.

Years of Experience
    10yrs +

thx matt great info i will look into it, greatly appreciated

Years of Experience
    10yrs +

thx exhibit appreciate the response, will look into it.

Years of Experience
    too many

Raider
    Hello Im a Lead here in dfw and can give you all the insight you need Here in DFW we do locate for Verizon, atmos, co serve, att windstream, Twc, oncor, Gpl, Charter and vast majority of other things. We have heath in the area but they are no threat to us large ticket load lots of hours and a big push on projects and housing. Biggest thing depends on where you are looking to move to in Texas Usic is broken down to a DFW east and a DFW west Let me know where your looking to locate to and i can get more specific for you.

Years of Experience

Sounds like it sucks to locate in DFW. Do the utility companies overlay each other in that area? If so, I would want no part of 9 or more way locates. LOL.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Sounds like it sucks to locate in DFW. Do the utility companies overlay each other in that area? If so, I would want no part of 9 or more way locates. LOL.
    I can't imagine a 9 way. I got in a three way one time and ended up exhausted and with a rash.
    FieldTech561 likes this.

Years of Experience
    too many

Mostly 4 way locates depends on the area the area i cover is 4 way gas elec phone catv most are joint trenched not to teribble but stinks when you have a high ticket load

Years of Experience

That don't sound to bad. I did have 5 way until we lost windstream & frontier. Very few joint trenches though.

Years of Experience
    10yrs +

Thx mike, currently looking in the So Dallas area, but have to consider what the costs of living for these areas are recently viewed some places in realtor.com and some craigslist, but also assessing the work situation and did see USIC had various openings. i appreciate your response and any info.