Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: USIC AT&T contract

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC AT&T contract

Quote Originally Posted by utiliquesternomo View Post
    The guys going over from the New Orleans area to help on the Mississippi gulf coast last month shared a room. This includes supervisors. "Company policy" is what they were told. They offered them a $500 bonus for the weekend but only if they stayed in the room, even though some lived only 60 miles away.
    Mississippi is under Stake Center though S&N locators have been sent to help. The S&N policy on a room is if the work area is 90 minutes away. I do not know what they are doing in Mississippi and who is ordering the rooms. If they told me I had to live out of state in a 'bunk room' environment I would tell them to get a paint stick and mark it themselves, my policy.

$500 bonus with two days overtime plus travel time too and from work area plus per diem plus hotel bill is operating at a big loss. Sounds like the desperate act of a dying company.
    yahoo, daman1 and UULC like this.

Years of Experience

Stake Center will come and go like the rest of them ......
    UULC likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    Stake Center will come and go like the rest of them ......
    Stake Center is already disappearing as a unique entity. S&N bought the majority share of Stake Center stock. When most investment firms buys majority share they set goals and stand back letting the company operate itself. Not so with S&N . Stake Centers' HR department was replaced with S&N's along with fleet and I think payroll. Stake Center ceased to be Stake Center and each day becomes more S&N. I know that when Stake Center needed new vehicle(s) used Chevy Sonics from S&N were sent to them.

You do wheel alignments because it saves on tire wear and improves gas mileage. S&N Locating's Fleet Department stopped doing wheel alignments two years ago, even when required for when steering and suspension parts were replaced. Makes you think.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

I heard thru the rumor mill so far,
    It's a company called consolidated infrastructure group that got the contract from usic.
    They have already been recruiting the vets.

We're supposed to handoff in december,

Years of Experience

Yep, some areas of Texas were pulled from USIC.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

The guy that sold the CLS company to USIC was not to open up another business for four years. I just heard he opened up another company. I wonder if that is that new company in TX.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I heard that USIC was informed tat AT&T in OK is not renewing their contract and is shopping it out for another company to take over locating

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

Damn so thats Oklahoma and now Tx along with MS

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Stake Center is already disappearing as a unique entity. S&N bought the majority share of Stake Center stock. When most investment firms buys majority share they set goals and stand back letting the company operate itself. Not so with S&N . Stake Centers' HR department was replaced with S&N's along with fleet and I think payroll. Stake Center ceased to be Stake Center and each day becomes more S&N. I know that when Stake Center needed new vehicle(s) used Chevy Sonics from S&N were sent to them.

You do wheel alignments because it saves on tire wear and improves gas mileage. S&N Locating's Fleet Department stopped doing wheel alignments two years ago, even when required for when steering and suspension parts were replaced. Makes you think.
    Stake Center is 100% owned by S&N. S&N kept the Stake Center name so it wouldn't cause alarm for the contracts that Stake Center had.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionLocating View Post
    Stake Center is 100% owned by S&N. S&N kept the Stake Center name so it wouldn't cause alarm for the contracts that Stake Center had.
    You can be sure the clients were aware of the change. Keeping the Stake Center name implied Stake Center would not undergo any major changes from what they were when contract was awarded.

Stake Center was bought by S&N Communication which has the stock in S&N Locating, two legally separate companies. Hear that Consolidated, owned by USIC, made an offer to buy out the S&N Locating stock. But appears that right now S&N Locating is making the profit that is keeping the doors open in S&N Communications.
    FieldTech561 likes this.

Years of Experience

Pro this is not the Consolidated that was bought by USIC. It is a new company started by some former execs of the old company. It is owned by a equity group also. Rumor is they are going after Usic contracts hard. Finding the unhappy utilities and offering them a alternative.
    FieldTech561 likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Pro this is not the Consolidated that was bought by USIC. It is a new company started by some former execs of the old company. It is owned by a equity group also. Rumor is they are going after Usic contracts hard. Finding the unhappy utilities and offering them a alternative.
    Thanks, accurate info always good to know.
    FieldTech561 likes this.

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

SM&P had the right state of mind as well as NOCUTS here in the south whatever happened to that mgmt style and where techs had pride in Their work and enjoyed the company that they worked for

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

Hence why they chose to use consolidated in their name

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

14e94727-9481-4b48-bcb9-f227e6fc5ea0-large.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast