Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: From USIC to S & N in Louisiana

Years of Experience

Default From USIC to S & N in Louisiana

This is my 1st time since I started locating that the largest contract in the state (ATT) has been awarded to another company.I'm going from USIC to stake center.
    Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Stake Center (S & N) vs. USIC? The same person that ran USIC will be running the state for S & N. Will things be better,worse or the same ole thing? I'll have the same supervisor.

Years of Experience

Default Re: From USIC to S & N in Louisiana

Where you at yahoo?

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Looks like S&N brokered the deal with SC doing the work. Those at SC say things largely have stayed the same... so far. Takes time for S&N to turn SC into S&N.

First thing was some consolidation. The SC HR Dept. was taken over by S&N. Payroll Department was also taken over but I am not sure of that. SC paid a per diem of $25 a day and that was reduced to match S&N's $20 a day. The SC fleet came under S&N control and instead of pick up trucks SC now has to purchase cheap little cars.

There is a difficulty with buying control of another company, turning them into you. For example there was Roy Rogers fast food returants which peaked at 650 locations. Roy Rogers 648 locations were bought by Hardees. Hardees failed to recognize that RR was a thriving operation on it's own and imeadialy began converting the non franchised locations into Hardee's locations. This would also affect the franchise locations as supplies of previous popular items dried up. Prior to this Hardees had simplified it's operations buy changing recipes and cooking methods which was detrimental to sales. RR sales suffered and eventually Hardees sold of what was left of Roy Rogers. There are now about 50 RR locations left.

It seems simple enough, but another company and look at what they do right and leave that alone, even begin adopting the purchased companies' methods. But the emotional factor of ego usually overrides good business sense.
    Kramit69 likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Where you at yahoo?
    not very far Orange ...LOL ......hey Whodat I can give you ALL the INFO you need to make a SOUND decision .
    UULC likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    not very far Orange ...LOL ......hey Whodat I can give you ALL the INFO you need to make a SOUND decision .
    Thanks.I sent you a PM.

Years of Experience

ready for your questions sir .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    ready for your questions sir .
    I sent this PM, but I'll post here also in case others would like to comment.
    USIC says they are not leaving the state, period. Should I believe that? I'd like to stay with them, but, I'm worried being out of work in a year. I also will lose 104 hrs of PTO. The insurance will most probably be more expensive. I also worry about getting 1 damage and getting sent down the road if I go with SC. Boy, it sure sounds like I should stay with USIC when I read this back. Can you give me any pros about going with SC compared to USIC. Maybe I'll screw myself with SC if I change my mind, but, I still might. The new sup in my area will be a good one, I've heard. SC will have the same people that's been running the state for USIC. Is that a good thing? Heck, does that make any sense for SC? Damn. I love the biz, but this sucks.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Whodat55 View Post
    USIC says they are not leaving the state, period. Should I believe that? I'd like to stay with them, but, I'm worried being out of work in a year. I also will lose 104 hrs ofrg PTO. The insurance will most probably be more expensive. I also worry about getting 1 damage and getting sent down the road if I go with SC. Boy, it sure sounds like I should stay with USIC when I read this back. Can you give me any pros about going with SC compared to USIC. Maybe I'll screw myself with SC if I change my mind, but, I still might. The new sup in my area will be a good one, I've heard. SC will have the same people that's been running the state for USIC. Is that a good thing? Heck, does that make any sense for SC? Damn. I love the biz, but this sucks.
    If the utilities are switching to SC why would they keep the same sups and dm's. Seems like their the issue and why USIC would lose the contracts. The pricing cant be that much lower then USIC right? The utilities should know the managers well enough to know if theyre staying the same, shit will be the same as before. Probably just att playing the bargain game to lower the bids. Like people do with direct tv and dish every two years.
    Last edited by Tom Edward; November 8th, 2015 at 04:25 PM.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Whodat55 View Post
    USIC says they are not leaving the state, period. Should I believe that? I'd like to stay with them, but, I'm worried being out of work in a year. I also will lose 104 hrs of PTO. The insurance will most probably be more expensive. I also worry about getting 1 damage and getting sent down the road if I go with SC. Boy, it sure sounds like I should stay with USIC when I read this back. Can you give me any pros about going with SC compared to USIC. Maybe I'll screw myself with SC if I change my mind, but, I still might. The new sup in my area will be a good one, I've heard. SC will have the same people that's been running the state for USIC. Is that a good thing? Heck, does that make any sense for SC? Damn. I love the biz, but this sucks.
    As long as you exit on good terms, like two week notice, the law says your outstanding pto balance must be paid.

If they do plan on shutting down yu can expect them to lie about it so that they get you to stay on until the end. That way they keep adequate staff.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edward View Post
    If the utilities are switching to SC why would they keep the same sups and dm's. Seems like their the issue and why USIC would lose the contracts. The pricing cant be that much lower then USIC right? The utilities should know the managers well enough to know if theyre staying the same, shit will be the same as before. Probably just att playing the bargain game to lower the bids. Like people do with direct tv and dish every two years.
    They have a December start date with insufficient infrastructure to do the job without hiring the existing employees. This buys them time to fire off the unacceptable employees over a controlled period of time.

Years of Experience

this ought to get real exciting thru the Christmas time but going to be true fireworks in the spring time .

Years of Experience
    17 years

Well I for one hope they make good and establish themselves as a quality outfit. The last thing we need is another USIC

Years of Experience

Did I read right that they pay per ticket? I thought that went away 15 years ago.

Years of Experience

they do pay per ticket down this way still .

Years of Experience
    17 years

Yikes !!

That creates an incentive for going too fast and taking short-cuts. I hope they pay well or someone who is short on his bills this month is going to be tempted to do something stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast