Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: USIC Robo Dispatch

Years of Experience

Default USIC Robo Dispatch

Greetings fellow USICers! Be warned!

When you get your call, Robo Dispatch records your conversation/response and attaches that to the ticket! I have witnessed RUDE and DISGUSTING responses by a couple of my fellow locators to the "Lady" when she came calling; not knowing it would come back to haunt them later......................... just sayin'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC Robo Dispatch

Let me be the first to say............................................... ."What?"

Years of Experience

I say "yeah" and immediately mute my phone, just in case

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post
    Let me be the first to say............................................... ."What?"
    Greetings jayc! It's a USIC thing. The USIC locator daily gets a computer-generated, female voice over the company cell phone notifying the locator of an Emergency, Dig-Up, Bad Locate, No Response or Manual Ticket in his/her area that needs immediate attention. As soon as the locator answers, "Hello!" to the Robo Dispatch's call, the conversation is recorded and filed with the ticket. Every word uttered by the locator is recorded even as the Robo Dispatch voice is giving the details to the short-notice tickets. These little details are never revealed until some expressive, poor bastard is called out after the fact.

Wingfoot is not the one burned on this discovery because he has been a good boy since day one of Robo Dispatch. Others have not been so lucky/mature.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Not a USICer myself and I don't have robo dispatch but I guess I'm immature cuz I cuss out those robo bitches all the time. Especially the ones that answer the phone when you're calling information 411 or even the toll road robo bitch that thanks me and tells me to have a nice day gets cussed at. I don't know why really. I'm kinda like Will Smith in I-Robot in that way. Just don't like robots telling me what to do and since I wouldn't talk to a real person like that, the robot gets it. Until the day that robots can get me cut off at night for cussing them, I probably ain't gonna change.

So the USIC robots are snitches, huh? That figures. What's the point of recording the locator? Do you actually get in trouble for being mean to them? It's not like they get their feelings hurt. Or do they? Hmmmm.... I'm way too old school to be tiptoeing around an insecure, menstrual robots feelings. That much I know. The times they are a changing folks. Remind me to delete my app from the USIC data base. Their robots are way too emotionally vulnerable. Oh yeah, I never submitted one.
    Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience

So here's the next obvious question - why not just not answer the phone? There's a laundry list of excuses...I was locating, I was talking to a homeowner, I was watching the kids at the local school in my white windowless van with my Milk Duds melting on the dashboard, etc....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post
    So here's the next obvious question - why not just not answer the phone? There's a laundry list of excuses...I was locating, I was talking to a homeowner, I was watching the kids at the local school in my white windowless van with my Milk Duds melting on the dashboard, etc....
    after the 3rd attempt they will call your supervisor...

I dont work for usic now and when I did i would answer "Oh hello you annoying b**** how do you plan to ruin my evening" lol....So oooooops

Where i work now we have ROBO Ho and I still answer like that. I dislike the robo stuff.. They are paying someone to sit in front of the computer anyways why cant they call. Because half the time you cant understand what she says like and address or ours says Contractor is "what they are doing" then it says contact number 00000000000000. I can screen a lot of my call outs out or just ignore them but with this i have to go home and look at my computer.
    UULC likes this.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

I never answered those calls, I just refreshed my ticket queue, it drove my supe nuts, it's one of the reasons he hated me to his very core.
    UULC and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience

It is true. USIC records everything....Sort of like NSA. Currently installing "new" GPS units in trucks.................. in-cab cameras are next. within a few months, maybe less. My two-week notice will begin the first day a camera is installed in truck!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by second notice View Post
    USIC records everything....Sort of like NSA. Currently installing "new" GPS units in trucks.................. in-cab cameras are next.
    Greetings second notice! The sups are sayin' the belief of lower the auto insurance rates is prompting the in-cab cameras. What a sad day that will be when the cameras are installed. My "give a shit" may also SNAP on that day............. just sayin'.

All the sups I know real well are tight-lipped when I quiz them on what is different between the "old" GPS units and the "new" GPS units. One said it gathers more data like seat belt usage. Am I just being paranoid?

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

It is true. USIC records everything....Sort of like NSA. Currently installing "new" GPS units in trucks.................. in-cab cameras are next. within a few months, maybe less. My two-week notice will begin the first day a camera is installed in truck!
    They refused to accept my 2 week notice, my supe showed up at my house two hours after I resigned and picked up my truck and equipment.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Turk182 View Post
    They refused to accept my 2 week notice, my supe showed up at my house two hours after I resigned and picked up my truck and equipment.
    I know a company did that with a high management too. My sup when at usic wanted 2-3 week notice from me. When I gave it to him they had me turn my stuff in at the up coming meeting. We had a guy give his 2 week notice and last week we found that on some tickets he did not mark properly. That might be one of the reasons they come and get you stuff right away.

Years of Experience
    3 years

These new gps devices record lots of data nowadays. Idling, rabbit starts, heavy braking, speeding. As some devices record doors opening or auxiliary devices being used, tracking seat belt usage wouldn't be unheard of. The newer gps units installed almost certainly are upgrades to tech for better live monitoring, better cell grade, etc. the software on the other end can be configured per driver/user. It can spit out emails for things like you using your work truck outside of normal work days/hours or travel outside of your range or area. Although, it likely also tracks service reminders, oil changes etc. and every now and then a vehicle gets stolen, so the truck can be located.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    I know a company did that with a high management too. My sup when at usic wanted 2-3 week notice from me. When I gave it to him they had me turn my stuff in at the up coming meeting. We had a guy give his 2 week notice and last week we found that on some tickets he did not mark properly. That might be one of the reasons they come and get you stuff right away.
    What they falsely claim is that they are accepting your resignation today instead of two weeks from now, they cannot accept what you have not offered.

What they are doing is firing people outright so go claim unemployment if yo do not have another job lined up. You have those two weeks to withdraw your resignation and if they 'accept' prior the two week final date they are really just firing you and you have not committed an act that disqualifies you from unemployment benefits.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    That is one of their great fears, that a now short timer will slack off and leave a damage.

Their absolute greatest fear is that an employee who feels they have been cheated by and lied to by the company will intentionally leave a million dollar damage behind as revenge. I doubt a locator marking gas and or electric would do this as it risks the lives of the excavators.
    second notice likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast