Thread: Usic - the real company!

Default Usic - the real company!

The purpose of this post is to inform any potential candidate for employment with USIC, or any existing employee of USIC of the truth of how this company operates. One cannot say what they truly feel when they are gainfully employed by a company, but once their freedom is obtained, the door is wide open. I choose to step through that door today, naming names, and places for everyone to know.

First, the supervisor of Hilton Head Island, Howard Morris, just left to move on to ruin another office in Colorado. My heart bleeds for those of you who will have to work with him. He's a back stabber, lier, and a user. Don't trust him! He will speak nicely to your face, while stabbing you in the back the whole time.

Second, the dm in South Carolina, Allan Webb is as useless as tits on a bore hog! He is another one who makes promises he will not keep, and lies through his teeth. South Carolina USIC is going to hell in a handbasket, and no one cares!

Thirdly, the employees here bill tickets from home, park their trucks, take their computers with them, billing tickets while riding around with someone else, Deborah Brown. She also takes vacation every time there is a big project to be located in her area. Tim Graham cannot seem to perform the duties of his job without having someone hold his hand or do the job for him while he talks on the phone, texts, or plays games on facebook. Bragging about "milking the company for overtime", he has billed the company for 30 hours of overtime in the past week, when you hardly got a good 8 hours out of him. His girlfriend rides along in the company vehicle while he is on the clock to flag for him. Did I mention she doesn't work for USIC and isn't covered by insurance?

Lastly, Mike Stayton has been informed about all of these things and was supposed to return my call, yet have I heard back from him? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Surprise!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, in case you don't know who Mike is, he is the OWNER of USIC! Guess he doesn't really care!

So, the moral of this story is, USIC will not be a profitable company in South Carolina if they continue to conduct business this way. I would not recommend them as a reliable company to work for.

Sorry for the brutal honesty. Too bad if those mentioned don't like hearing the truth!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Years of Experience

Default Re: Usic - the real company!

Yikes!!! if nothing else I feel alot better!!!! hope things work out for you and your family., Lady! I wonder if I can get that girl to throw flags for me???? ha!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    20+

I have been with 3 different locating companies in my state, lady leatherneck .I am with USIC now, and they could give a crap how they treat those of us in the field that make the money for them..I too would love to leave them behind and move on, but the situation in my household cannot afford that. Good luck to you in your endeavors and have pity on us that still must work for these guys..

You got it radar! I'm praying for the company to open their eyes to the truth before it is too late. I hate to see any company go downhill, but especially one I've dedicated 15 years to. It's the sad truth. This is America, the land of the free and the home of the brave. I'm standing up for the truth with integrity, no malice intended. It is time someone told the truth. Nothing will change unless someone does!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

This company is no longer underthe control of Mr Staton but by the Canadian investers.

That's interesting, isn't it~

OMERS Private Equity

If you understand the business aspects of this, USIC was purchased as an investment. Go to the link provided and there you will find a photo of a USIC work truck and locator. Investments are nothing more than an investment, with no personal care for how it directly affects those who are employed. Think about it!

I would like to know if Omer invested in or outright owns USIC. Anybody know?

Omers owns the majority of USIC. Don't feel bad about not getting a response from Stayton, he says he wants to know and to email him but NOTHING in return. Sad part is that the next guy in line doesn't do what he preaches either! Good Luck to you.

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

LadyLeatherneck, I see how passionate you are about this industry and how admirable your post is about your former employer. Everything you have said is completely and absolutely true, and I thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with the rest of the community.

Of all you have said about USIC, I must warn you that Synergy One is not going to be the beacon of light that you are hoping for in your other post elsewhere on this forum. It sounds like you are going over there anyway so I will let you discover that on your own.

I would like nothing more than for your to come back here in the future and share your thoughts and feelings about that company, too. I would love to read it just as much as I did this post.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Years of Experience

Lady,
    I worked for CLS prior to the merger, but after all the legal issues. For me it was a pretty good deal. Good wages, OT when the work was fat. But the Rat B@sterd I worked for only reduced my hours in the winter, with no lay-off. Fortunately I gave my two week notice, which they did not honor, and got a pay raise on unemployment.
    I am only grateful that I was educated in the employee as a commodity early in my locating career.
    Since then, I have been employed as a locator by several other companies. Fortunately, with my education of the industry in hand, I have been able to demand top-dollar for my hard work, and not worried about the rest. With skill, a job is always available. With a good line, good pay is always available.
    I have been offered promotions, with huge pay raises. I prefer to put down the paint, keep my head down, my opinion to my self (except here), and try to stay out of the limelight.
    I truly enjoy locating, but loathe the assembly-line kind of mold they try to fit us into.
    I aspire to hope that one day it will not be like this.
    But for now, just let me work....and stop hassling me about some tailgate meeting so some schmo from the utility company can lecture me about trip hazards.
    God Bless

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PokerAdam View Post
    Lady,
    I worked for CLS prior to the merger, but after all the legal issues. For me it was a pretty good deal. Good wages, OT when the work was fat. But the Rat B@sterd I worked for only reduced my hours in the winter, with no lay-off. Fortunately I gave my two week notice, which they did not honor, and got a pay raise on unemployment.
    I am only grateful that I was educated in the employee as a commodity early in my locating career.
    Since then, I have been employed as a locator by several other companies. Fortunately, with my education of the industry in hand, I have been able to demand top-dollar for my hard work, and not worried about the rest. With skill, a job is always available. With a good line, good pay is always available.
    I have been offered promotions, with huge pay raises. I prefer to put down the paint, keep my head down, my opinion to my self (except here), and try to stay out of the limelight.
    I truly enjoy locating, but loathe the assembly-line kind of mold they try to fit us into.
    I aspire to hope that one day it will not be like this.
    But for now, just let me work....and stop hassling me about some tailgate meeting so some schmo from the utility company can lecture me about trip hazards.
    God Bless
    "I have been offered promotions, with huge pay raises. " Hmmm, I got the promotion without a huge pay raise. On paper there is a big raise but for a foreman level position the actual hours worked, OT need not by law be paid, it was a pay cut.

For you younger locators consider taking a promotion as a way to improve your resume. Other companies doing different work will take you on as a supervisor. In the long term you have better job security and job prospects with this on your resume.

And if you can get huge pay raises doing this jump at it!

Years of Experience

I have also been "promoted" with more responsibility, but no more money. When I say Huge, it is relative the the wage a locator usually makes. It was from the field to a back office position. No way I am going to take a job that puts me in a room with several monitors to watch, employees to micro-manage, and no view of the great out-doors. One of the best reasons to stay in the field. Padding my resume' at a job that sucks the life out of me so that I may be promotes to management then fired because my employer merged with another company, or reorganized, or lost a contract. Management is always the first to be let go when changes happen at a company. I have seen this with my own eyes. The field, however, never changes. I have seen this as well. The most common comment I hear from the field is "I know I will still be doing what I am doing next year. What I don't know is the name that will be on the side of my truck."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeatherneck View Post
    I would like to know if Omer invested in or outright owns USIC. Anybody know?
    It doesn't look like they have any financial interest in them looking at their public portfolio companies currently.

Rob Tullman is the guy steering the ship at USIC. I'm sure a few peeps here have had drinks with him at the company picnic

Rob Tullman
    Last edited by Mark; August 2nd, 2014 at 12:07 AM.