Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HalfTracK

Thread: USIC leaving Virginia

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default USIC leaving Virginia

Many area locators and supervisors of other firms voiced that USIC had "lost" their contract in Virginia. That is not so, the cleint did not opt out of the contract.

They way I heard it USIC was leaving Virginia before the SCC, State Corporation Commission, banned them. Now the SCC had fined them very heavy some months ago. Then about three weeks ago SCC dug up seven tickets from ten months ago and gave the a $7,000 fine. SCC is on their case and is not letting up. SCC has not said they were going to ban USIC but that option exists.

If USIC leaves without being banned then they have the option to return on other contracts and start over.

Least that is the way I heard it. If anybody at USIC has something differnt to add please do as I am not with USIC and can only post what I heard from the outside.

The USIC locators, I have spoken to some, have been promised USIC jobs in neigboring states.

Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC leaving Virginia

Sent you a PM with my input

Years of Experience

Three USIC locators spoke to one of our supervisors this morning saying they have been told the last day of work will be April 1st, 2013. I am not sure if they mean until end of day the 1st or end of day th 28th.

Years of Experience

Clear up some space in your inbox; cant send you anything its full. Got some more news this morning also!
    Aquaman likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTracK View Post
    Clear up some space in your inbox; cant send you anything its full. Got some more news this morning also!
    Done and ready.

Does Usic leaving mean UQ will be expanding in VA !?!?!

The Usic locators in my area use these big square marks for power - like 1' foot wide by 1' to cover there butts... it aint protocol for marking but somehow they re getting away with it so far...

maybe BGE will pitch a bitch eventually...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UTILQ1 View Post
    Does Usic leaving mean UQ will be expanding in VA !?!?!

The Usic locators in my area use these big square marks for power - like 1' foot wide by 1' to cover there butts... it aint protocol for marking but somehow they re getting away with it so far...

maybe BGE will pitch a bitch eventually...
    The USIC Virginia contracts were picked up by S&N Locating. Comcast and Rappahannock Electric Cooperative which runs through 22 counties.
    Cox seems to be bigger than Comcast in Virginia and I do not know how big that statewide Comcast contract is.

I do not know what BG&E is doing but the locate firms smell blood in the water there and are circling like a pack of sharks.

My personal estimate when they got that contract was that USIC would hold the contract 12 to 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    The USIC Virginia contracts were picked up by S&N Locating. Comcast and Rappahannock Electric Cooperative which runs through 22 counties.
    Cox seems to be bigger than Comcast in Virginia and I do not know how big that statewide Comcast contract is.

I do not know what BG&E is doing but the locate firms smell blood in the water there and are circling like a pack of sharks.

My personal estimate when they got that contract was that USIC would hold the contract 12 to 18 months.

Been busy of late big city living/locating... oodles of traffic/people and lines... got to love it!

I dont hear anything about the BGE satisfaction... Would like to trade for Verizon though.. Ha!

Hate the Fios...