Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: usic is a joke

Years of Experience
    15+

Default Re: usic is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Greetings brian! - Welcome to The Cable Vine! One of the readers of the above Virginian-Pilot article had this to say as a comment:

Submitted by Art Director on Thu, 06/13/2013 at 2:52 pm.
    DO YOU THINK... that [USIC] could find Uranus with a telescope?

LOL! I don't care who you are, that is some funny shit!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/FONT]

that IS funny...and true to an extent.
    But as a former SM&P/USICer of 12+ years starting in 1993, I can tell you that there are/were a few when I left that were some of the best in the industry. So not all usic locators are incompetent. Also, trust me, usic management is some of the WORST, ability AND ethics wise, I have ever known, which explains alot about their locators (that one is for you Missouri)

Years of Experience
    none
    Blog Entries

They are better than Synergy One Locating.

Years of Experience

Plain and simple...........USIC is run by bean counters and middle management is 99% "yes" men. They are no different than any other "big" company. Upper management is motivated only by the prospect of huge bonuses and the greedy nature of the investment bankers. They maximize profit by crunching numbers hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, etc. It does not matter how many employees are needed to do the workload. The only thing that matters is making their numbers. If they have to pay for a few large damages in one area, you can bet there will be something done to offset this expense (RIFS, no new hires, no new trucks, equipment, raises, etc.). This seemingly daily cycle of number crunching, analysis, and reaction is why there doesn't appear to be much of a management plan in place at USIC (one week they RIF locators, and then talk about a new-hire training class the next week). Each day seems to be an adventure at USIC and because of the insecurity this creates, I don't think the supervisors or locators really give a shit what happens anymore. No one in upper management is accountable for anything other than making the numbers work........period.
    sprayinpaint likes this.

Years of Experience

And they will get their numbers because they will just have their sups close out tickets that they do not think they need to go to and the locators will be told to close tickets out without marking on them and request the contractor to call in new tickets when they are ready to do the work even if it is only a day or 2 later. This way they get paid twice for the same ticket even if they do not do it the first time. They are all scammers. Not to mention they do not care about anyone but themselves and will toss anyone else under the bus to keep the job they hate.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456